29 • Changing Tides

《Short Recap》

《Short Recap》

I scooted to the side making space for him and glanced at him expectantly.

With a sigh, Vinay lay down, turning awkwardly onto his side to face me. Rolling my eyes, I took his hand and placed it around my waist lightly before closing my eyes.

"Night Vinay." I murmured, sleep already skirting my eyelids.
"Good night, Akira." My mind vaguely registered his voice before I plunged into a dreamless slumber.

●○●

Rays of sunlight filtered through my thin, plain white curtains and filled the bedroom with a gentle golden glow. The window was half open, gentle breeze blowing in and caressing the bare skin of my arms that lay on top of the blanket.

A warm breath tickled the side of my neck, sending short bursts of electricity down my spine and to the tips of my toes.

Vinay was sleeping on his stomach, his head perched on one folded arm and the other slung possessively around my small waist. I smiled to myself cheekily. If someone would have said that I'd voluntarily ask Vinay to sleep next to me a month or two back, I'd have rebuked them.

But in that moment I felt happy, I felt at peace with myself and my feelings.

I'd half expected him to leave after I fell asleep but the fact that he'd stayed had that warm, fuzzy feeling I'd felt yesterday creeping back into me.

"Up already?" Vinay asked, his voice raspy.

"Hmm..." I hummed in response, snuggling closer before closing my eyes.

Vinay scooted closer, tightening his hold around me and buried his face in the hollow of my neck.

"Good morning." He murmured sleepily, his warm lips brushing slightly against my sensitive skin.

"Eww! Get of, you ass!" I squealed, trying to wiggle out of his hold, "Your breath stinks."

"Yours isn't great either!" he retorted, "I think yours is worse than mine."

"Way to woo a girl, Vinay!" I gave him a pointed glare.

"I don't think I need to anymore," he smirked with a glint in his eyes, "I already swept you off your feet."

Rolling my eyes, I shimmied out of his grip and rolled off the single bed.

"Dork." I muttered under my breath, as I bit back a smile and turned away to hide my blush that was rising on my face.

"Hey, the bed's cold without you!" Vinay whined, his raspy morning voice sounding sexier than I had imagined, "Come back."

"Nope," I replied, popping the 'p' as I pulled my covers off the bed and started folding them neatly, "We have college today and I intend to start afresh. No more worrying about TYCHE, just college and the credit activities."