Chapter 10.

Songs for this chapter:

Autumn Leaves - Ed Sheeran

A Thousand Years - Christina Perri

Never Be - 5 Seconds of Summer

California King Bed - Rihanna

Happy Little Pill - Troye Sivan

Change My Mind - One Direction

Mine - Beyonce ft. Drake

Nightingale - Demi Lovato

Wildest Dreams - Taylor Swift

Lost Stars - Maroon 5

When I drive up the dirt road entrance to the valley Juan is sleep and i'm tired from driving for three hours. "Juan get up." I say while shaking his arm. "Yeah?" he asks opening his eyes and yawning, "We're here." I tell him, getting out of the car. When I open trunk to get my backpack and the cooler Juan walks up next to me.

"Where do we go?" he asks me and I point to the many trees we have to walk through. "This is the entrance we have to walk through the trees to get there." I tell him and sling my backpack around my shoulder. "Just make sure you don't touch the trees because they may have poison ivy on it." I add and pull out my phone to show him a picture of what it would look like. "Roger." He says playfully and I laugh.

About five minutes into our walk Juan is complaining about how far it is and I'm shocked that no one is around here it's completely silent. I remember when we came down here 3 years ago it was exactly the same way. I miss my mother she was always so beautiful and understanding.

"John stop!" I hear Juan scream from behind me and a pull on the back of my shirt makes me fall back on the ground. "What?" I ask looking up at him. "You almost walked into that tree." I turn my head and infront of me stands a huge tree covered with poison ivy. 

"Sorry, my mind must have drifted off when I was thinking of my mother." I say, picking up the cooler and Juan gives me a sympathetic smile and we continue walking.

When we get to the stream it's exactly how I remember it, the giant willow tree is still next to the stream and the huge rocks are still in place just like 3 years ago. "Woooooow." Juan says in amazement and looks around the stream. "Let's get out of the sun." I say and we walk to the tree. After Juan "Inspects" the tree for poison ivy we set the blanket up and I take the food out of the cooler.

When I give Juan his soda and sandwich he leans against the tree and start eating and I sit on the opposite side and do the same. "You have some mayo on your cheek." Juan tells me, "Here?" I ask and Juan get on his hands and knees and leans over and licks the mayo off of my cheek and sits back down and continues eating and I already know i'm the color of a rose right now because Juan starts laughing and I do the same.

"What was your mom like?" he surprises me by asking. "Well, she was smart, beautiful, kind, and caring. She was my go-to person for everything. About 3 years ago she was diagnosed with Leukemia and she started with chemo at first it worked at first and a year later the doctors said the cancer was gone. But the year after that they said it came back more aggresive and they gave her a month to live. She died two month after that, my father and I were heartbroken and missed her so much that we moved here a month and a half ago to "start new" as my father put it. I still miss her though." I finish and Juan and I are both wiping tears out of our eyes.

"When did you know you were bi?" I ask, finishing my sandwich and taking a piece of fruit. "I've always been attracted to guys and girls since I was in high school and when I found out that was being bi-sexual then I was bi-sexual I never tried to deny it because it really wasn't that important to me. I did hide it at first but I told Christina first because I felt like I could trust her with it." he says and shrugs.