Chapter 31: The Titanium Ninja

In the city, the ground rumbles.

"I was trapped in Lord Garmadon, then I was trapped in the Digiverse. Now I am free! Bow to your Golden Master!" The Overlord shouts

Aria stood up on top of Borg Tower and looked down at the chaos below. Her father was out of control, he now holds golden power.

"Lloyd you had one job" Aria sighs "to not get captured"

Hanabusa stood next to her "What are you going to do Lord Aria?"

"Destroy him" Aria replied

Hanabusa looks at her "But he's-"

"I know, but he cannot do this, it's not right" Aria tells him "You stay out of the way, remember you're only here to watch me, not interfere"

"Yes your highness" Hanabusa agrees

"I might be childish, but it's me" Aria smiles

Hanabusa looked confused "what do you-"

"YEET" Aria jumps off the tower

"Are you crazy?!" Hanabusa shouts then covers his eyes "I can't watch"

-

Aria landed on top of her fathers head, kicking him and jumping off, landing in front of him.

"You- no Aria! That Hurt!" The Overlord shouts realizing who it was

"Miss me papa?" Aria asks smirking

"Of course" the Overlord smirks as well "Let's make this a fair fight my dear, it's time to test your true powers"

Aria took out a black fan and pointed it at him "I'm ready"

The Overlord shot a dark tentacle at her, she jumped up onto it and ran up it. She shot a dark orb into his chest staggering him back some, she backflipped off before he counterattacked. Aria looked around to see nindroids attacking people.

Aria slammed her hands on the ground creating a crater that swallowed up and crushed some of them. Her father took that opportunity to attack sending her into a wall. He looked worried.

"Don't go easy on me father" Aria said standing back up "This is how it is"

"You're right" the Overlord agreed creating multiple orbs that shot beams at her, she quickly dodged them, a couple hit.

"Damn it" Aria mumbled "I can't fight him and the nindroids"

Aria saw a nindroid with a sword jump to attack her, but someone jumped in front of her and counterattacked.

Lloyd turned his head and smiled at her "need a hand?"

"Lloyd" Aria said happily

The ninja were all arriving in armor originally used by the stone warriors. They used it to fight the nindroids.

"You're ok, I thought my dad got you?" Aria questioned as Lloyd helped her stand up

"he did, but I'm alright now" Lloyd reassured her "go get him, we'll take care of the bots"

"Thanks Lloyd" Aria smiled and went back to face her father

Aria took out her white fan, she used both fans to use wind to knock down the Overlord and he shot an orb at her which she dodged. She shot a dark energy ball at him which he dodged. He countered with two orbs at once, she dodged one and the other knocked her into a building.

"We need to get sensei close" Kai says

"But we need to protect the people too, what do we do?" Lloyd questions

Slithraa comes up from a manhole "People of Ninjago, follow me!"

"The snakes are on our side? Great. Now I have seen it all" Jay comments

Wu and Garmadon hit a pill toward the Overlord, but Pythor swallows it instead.

Pythor coughs "Ah! What's happening to me?" He shrinks" No!" He slithers away as he's being chased by the Falcon.

"That was it? That was all you've got?" The Overlord grabs everyone except Aria and Zane.

"No!" Aria shouted getting up and running over

"The armor, why isn't it working?" Cole questions

"Because your time is over!" The Overlord shouts

"Aria support me, for one last time sister" Zane says to her

"What are you planning to do?" Aria asks

Zane whispered it in her ear.

"That's suicide" Aria argued

"It's the only thing that will work" Zane tells her "I have ran every case scenario, and the only way you can win is if we do this together"

"...fine" Aria reluctantly agrees Aria walks forward "You know dad I am your daughter, but I'm also a ninja and Ninjago is my home, I won't let you destroy it!!"

Aria sent a dark energy ball at her father, as he defected it Zane grabbed onto the Golden Master's armor.

"Let my friends go!" Zane shouts

"Go where, doomed Ninja? The Golden Weapons are too powerful for you to behold. Your survival chance is low" The Overlord argued

"This isn't about numbers. It's about family" Zane held on and the Ninja are being let go of.

"Zane's not letting go!" Lloyd shouts

"His heart! It's reaching critical mass!" Jay shouts

"If his heart overloads, he'll blow! He'll never survive!" Cole shouts

"Let go of him, Zane!" Kai shouts "What is he doing?"

"He's protecting us" Wu replied

"I am a Nindroid, and Ninja never quit." Zane uses his Ice on the Golden Master "Aria hurry!"

Aria's eyes glowed purple, dark clouds surrounded the area

"What are you doing? Let me go, you fool!" The Overlord shouts "That attack- no it can't be! You fool it could kill all of us!"

"We have to get out of here now" Wu says taking the ninja into a manhole "that's a dangerous attack"

"Aria now!" Zane shouts "do it now!"

Zane closes his eyes as him, the Overlord, and Aria were surrounded by darkness, then a explosion. Leaving the city covered in smoke. The only one left of the three was one body covered in cuts and bruises.

-

"I used to think technology would be the answer to all of our problems" The Ninja, their allies, and the citizens attended Zane's funeral with Cyrus talking "But then I saw technology invent new problems. Devastating problems. And then a Nindroid named Zane saved us all. He was the perfect balance between us and technology. He taught us that life should be a balance.

Technology can improve our lives, but so can people. And if we focus on one at the expense of the other, that's when the balance is off. Our city will find its way again, but this time with Zane as our compass. With that, I give to you the Titanium Ninja"

Cyrus uncloaks Zane's statue.

"So, what happens after this?" Nya asks

"I don't know" Cole replies

"And I don't care. Today's about Zane" Jay says

"And now Aria would like to speak for those who knew him best" Cyrus said

Lloyd helped Aria walk up. "Easy" Lloyd tells her

"I'm fine Lloyd, stop babying me" Aria faces everyone and smiled sadly "Everyone wondered what powered Zane. I don't know if we'll ever know, but I'd like to think it was brotherhood. Because he powered me. And he'll still power me as his memory lives on. Ninja never quit, and Ninja will never be forgotten. Wherever you are, Zane, you'll always be one of us"