Chapter 73: Two Lies, One Truth

The citizens run away while the Sons of Garmadon takes over the city.

"It's chaos out there. But we're safe for now" Nya shuts the door

"All right" Lloyd turns to Mistaké "are you gonna tell us how you turned into a rat?"

Mistaké slurps tea "Ahh. The rat is easy! How about this?" She transforms into Wu and they gasp "Not too shabby for an old woman" she changes back into herself and giggles.

"You're an pureblood Oni, like Aria and her parents" Lloyd says

"But we were told that Oni are dangerous and all they want to do is destroy!" Dareth shouts

Mistaké nods "We are. You don't want me on your bad side. You've seen Aria upset but never truly mad"

Nya looks at her "How did you get here? When—"

"During the time of legend. When she crossed over in pursuit of the First Spinjitzu Master. When he fled the Realm of Oni and Dragon" Lloyd says

Mistaké nods "Mm. You listen well, Master Garmadon. Since your grandfather was born of both worlds, our mission was to follow him into this realm and turn him to our side! Or destroy him. But he wouldn't serve. And I fell in love with this world he created. My fellow Oni wanted to complete our mission, but I turned on them, and I have helped the First Spinjitzu Master ever since. 

Did you ever wonder how Master Wu and Garmadon have lived so long? It is our Oni blood. The young Lord will outlive all of you as well, she'll remain quite the beauty for a long time, young master Garmadon will have to protect her from other men" Mistaké chuckles

"Because she's a pureblooded Oni she'll outlive us?" Lloyd questions

"yes" Mistaké tells him

"How have you kept this secret for so long?" Skylor asks

"Transformation is a powerful ability" Mistaké replies

"But if I'm part Oni, why can't I do that?" Lloyd asks

"Transform? You've been doing it all your life! From a bratty child to the destined Green Ninja and now to our great leader of The Resistance" Mistaké says "But in all seriousness it is because you are only 1/3 Oni, you are not that powerful. But now to endure your father, you must transform again"

"Into what?" Lloyd asks

"There is but one final step for you, young Master. Have faith. You will figure it out" Mistaké tells him

-

Garmadon walks into Aria's cell "Still won't talk? Even as the life slowly drains from your eyes you still refuse to give up. Your father would be disappointed"

"No he wouldn't" Aria looks up at him "my father always believed in my choices, but because I am my parents child, I wouldn't give up even if you killed me. I'll keep coming back anyway I can, I will haunt your mind and your dreams until I drag you into hell with me. I'd gladly die for Lloyd and for this city. So come on Garmadon, do your worst, I'll never give in"

Garmadon takes a step back as Aria's eyes glow purple, he growls and walks out "Harumi continue!"

-

Ninjago's citizens hide as the Sons of Garmadon searches for the Resistance. Killow picks up a man.

"The Green Ninja. Have you seen him?" When he doesn't answer, he throws him into a river.

"Who can tell me? I know you're hiding him!" Harumi shouts

Dareth gasps "They're here. And they brought Harumi"

"We need to leave" Nya says

Lloyd stands up "No. No more running. It's time to change things up, as Aria would say, it's time to go in guns blazing"

The Sons of Garmadon surround two citizens "The Green Ninja. Have you seen him?" The man shakes his head.

"He's lying. Make him tell the truth" Harumi orders 

"Lloyd" whistles

Son of Garmadon look up to see "Lloyd" running.

"Don't let him get away!" Harumi shouts

Killow land on a boat, which starts to separate form the others. Two Sons of Garmadon follow "Lloyd" into an alley but only see a rat.

The rat goes in a pile of garbage bags. It's revealed to be Mistaké "Were you expecting someone else?" Skylor attacks them.

Lloyd faces Harumi "Those who cannot change, cannot change anything"

"Lloyd. You speak of change, but look what you've become. Nothing but a beggar in rags" Harumi mocks

"You took my friends from me, so I took yours" Lloyd says as the Resistance surrounds Harumi

Nya smirks "Who's the beggar now?"