Chapter 44: The Crooked Path

At Steep Wisdom, the Ninja are creating a defense system against Ghosts.

Zane puts up a sign "There. That should keep customers away. "Closed for renovations."

Kai sets up a bucket of water on top of the door. "More like fortifications. If Morro and his ghouls show up here looking to steal the Sword of Sanctuary, they won't know what hit them"

Cole almost had the bucket of water fall on him "Aah! Careful, you know not all of us are immune to water. And I for one would like to stick around long enough for Misako and Sensei to figure out the last clue"

"We got Cyclon-do, we got the sword, now they just have to figure out where the Tomb of the First Spinjitzu Master is" Jay says

Kai sighs "Let's hope they figure it out soon. I don't know how long we'll be able to hold out"

Someone steps on a tripline and set off a bell.

"Intruder!" Kai shouts

Everyone catapults water balloons.

"Ah!"

The ninja look out and see Aria.

"...this is why I avoid these ninja" Aria sighs

"Aria" the ninja say happily running over to her

"Welcome back, you've been gone for so long we were staring to get worried" Kai says as he hugs her

"Oh my god, Cole you're a ghost" Aria said as she sees Cole

"Yeah but I'm alright" Cole reassured her

"I guess it's good to be home I've missed all of you" Aria admits "but I do have a errand to run before I can stay here though, I just thought I'd check in"

"Aw but you just got here" Jay whined

"Sorry" Aria apologized "I promise I'll be back as soon as possible"

-

The Ghosts laugh as Morro releases Ronin from his possession.

Ronin groans "Pretty good impersonation. But they'll never buy it was me. Once the princesses soul radar find you you'll be in trouble"

"I plan on her coming" Morro says

Lloyd is trapped in a cage "You're no Green Ninja. The Green Ninja would never need to lie."

"Like you're one to talk" Morro rolls his eyes "I've seen your memories, you lied to Aria"

"I was angry and I was trying to piss her off" Lloyd argues "it was a stupid mistake"

"A stupid fight that cost you your girl" Morro mocked "she's not even your best friend anymore"

"I love Aria" Lloyd told him "I will put her and her happiness above me and mine"