Chapter 52: On a Wish and a Prayer

The Ninja regroup at Cliff Gordon's mansion, recuperating from the loss of Kai. Even as Nya, Zane, and Lloyd examine the map to Tiger Widow Island, Cole, suspicious, pulls Jay off to the side and learns he had made two wishes with Nadakhan. Despite his reluctance, Cole agrees to keep a secret, so long as it doesn't harm any of the others, and through the news, the ninja discover that more chunks of Ninjago are disappearing.

Arriving at the docks, Jay acquires Cliff Gordon's yacht and uses it to sail to Tiger Widow Island.

"Lloyd is it really ok to be leaving Aria behind?" Cole asked

"I think she needs some time to herself right now" Lloyd replied "Her powers are diminishing as it is and her emosions will only cause her powers to act up"

Cole shook his head "But Aria might not want to be alone, maybe she really needs us right now-"

"Cole I know ok, we have more important things to take care of right now" Lloyd said before boarding the ship

"I have a bad feeling about this" Cole said to himself

The Ninja run into a storm on their voyage, forcing them to use Jay as a lightning rod; Zane, realizing he's attracting the lightning, goes below deck. Below deck, he's confronted by Nadakhan, only to calmly welcome the Djinn's presence, having revealed that he figured out that Jay had already made some of his wishes due to several hints.

He reveals that he plans to use his wishes to destroy Nadakhan, despite P.I.X.A.L.'s warnings. The two engage in a game of chess where Zane proceeds to wish that Nadakhan would not try to twist his words, and that any damage done onto him would be answered tenfold towards the Djinn.

Impressed, Nadakhan interrupts Zane before he can use his last wish, threatening to delete P.I.X.A.L., effectively holding her hostage and forcing Zane to wish it all away, trapping the both of them in the Sword of Souls. Even as Nadakhan teleports away, the yacht crashes onto the shores of Tiger Widow Island.

-

"I'm not staying here any longer" Aria says angrily "Time to get out of here"

Aria got dressed and left to get information.

-

The Ninja recover, and Cole, exasperated by Jay's denial, reveals that the latter had indeed made his wishes, prompting Nya to turn on him, declaring Jay will personally deal with the Tiger Widow himself.

Jay sneaks into the Tiger Widow's cave and is confronted by the titular spider. Nadakhan fights Cole, whilst Dogshank fights Nya, and Lloyd participates in an aerial battle against Flintlocke, Clancee, and Monkey Wretch, the three of them piloting the Sky Shark against him.

The Tiger Widow destroys Cliff Gordon's Guide to Wooing Women, but Jay succeeds in filling a canteen with its venom before escaping. Meanwhile, Dogshank frees Nya from one of the Tiger Widow's webs, proclaiming a sense of honor in combat, and both factions chase after the venom.

Running across the rope bridge, the Ninja are left hanging when the Tiger Widow's weight causes one of the sides to collapse. Even as it attempts to attack them, Nadakhan teleports in and captures Jay, emptying his canteen, only for the Tiger Widow to leap towards him; in response, he teleports away, leaving the spider to plummet to the bottom of the chasm below.

Nadakhan, boarding the Sky Shark with Jay in tow, proclaims he'll return to capture the Ninja and leaves. Even as the Ninja lament the loss of their friend and the venom, Nya reveals she switched the canteens and has the Tiger Widow's venom, before proclaiming that they'll save Jay.

-

Aria was in the darker side of ninjago, where all the dark rich higher-ups lived, worked, and dined. They were the shady gang owners and casino owners. They were all bad but Aria herself has a reputation here, she's the Lord Of Evil, of course she rules the dark. She entered a casino and looked around.

"The best place to get information is with people who have the easiest access to information" Aria mumbled to herself

She sat at the bar and got a drink

"did you hear the ninjas escaped from the prison?" Someone asked

"yes I heard, last anybody knew they headed off on a boat" The other person replied

"those idiots left without me" Aria mumbled angrily

An old man sat next to her at the bar and turned to Aria "I haven't seen you around here, what family do you belong to"

"I'm the head of the Lord family" Aria replied

"The Lords" the old man said surprised "The ex royal family"

"...yeah" Aria replied

"You're not princess Layla so you must be Layla's daughter, Ari was it?" the man questioned

"Aria actually" Aria replied confused

"right right.." The Old man looked at her curiously "Ah I see... miss Lord are you aware their's two souls inside you?"

Aria blinked "...what?"

"Well i thought you were Ari because of the soul I sensed inside of you" The old man tells her "but now I see your own soul is there as well. Do you often have memories that don't line up? Any accidents happen when you were young?"

"Yes actually" Aria admits "When I was i think 6 or 7 my friend Lloyd and I were playing outside when he pushed me accidently and I fell off a cliff. When I woke up I had no memory of him, that is what I was that happened from him, I couldn't remember anything at all except for somebody named Morro.. but he died before I was even born"

"I see" the old man closes his eyes "I think you need to have that other soul removed so that your memories will be restored and the strange ones will disappear"

"But How do I do that?" Aria asks

The old man stood up "follow me.. your highness"

-

On the island, the team are building a second raft and a trap for the creatures. Despite still being attacked, they are able to get to the ocean. However, the raft starts falling apart, but they are rescued by Ronin with the Police Commissioner who apologize for not trusting them when they said they didn't committed those crimes. Freed of charges, the remaining Ninja set off with them with Jay's message—which the commissioner found—and go to rescue him.