𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈. peas in a pod

"𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐖𝐄'𝐕𝐄 𝐆𝐎𝐓 𝐓𝐎 𝐒𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋!" elizabeth exclaimed as they boarded the dauntless

"no! you're safe now," disagreed governor swann. "we will return to port royal immediately -– not go gallivanting after pirates."

"then we condemn him to death!" cried elizabeth.

"the boy's fate is regrettable. but then, so is his decision to engage in piracy," her father said.

"to rescue me!" elizabeth argued. "to prevent anything from happening to me! that's why bella came, too!"

bella appreciated this lie immensely, and nodded vigorously for affect.

bella saw norrington react, re-considering their motive. jack noticed too.

"if i may be so bold as to inject my professional opinion... the pearl was near to scuppers after the battle. it's very unlikely she'll be able to make good time. think about it," jack played devil on norrington's shoulder.

"the black pearl... the last real pirate threat in the caribbean, james," bella continued.

"how can you pass that up, right?" jack asked, exchanging a look with her.

"by remembering that i serve others, mr. sparrow, not only myself," norrington glared at jack.

"commodore, i beg you, please do this. for me. as a wedding gift," elizabeth said.

this took everyone by surprise.

"elizabeth... are you accepting the commodore's proposal?" governor swann asked.

"i am," came her reply.

"a wedding!" bella gasped.

"a wedding, i love weddings! drinks all around!" exclaimed jack, making bella giggle.

"cheers to elizabeth and james!" she added with a grin.

off norrington's disgusted look, jack grimaced. "i know. 'clap him in irons', right?"

"mr. sparrow. you will accompany these fine men to the helm and provide us with a bearing to isla de muerta. you will then spend the rest of the voyage contemplating all possible meanings of the phrase 'silent as the grave.' do i make myself clear?"

bella pursed her lips, but jack understood that norrington was serious. "inescapably clear," he sighed.

murtogg and mullroy escorted jack away. norrington turned to elizabeth, beginning to have a conversation with her.

then, governor swann looked at bella. he spoke to her. "i'm very grateful that you decided to help my daughter, but i must question your choice of escaping with that pirate."

"i couldn't just sit aside and let elizabeth die, could i?" bella fibbed, making a believable story to save her own neck. "sparrow seemed as though he could be trusted, and therefore was the most logical option."