𝐕𝐈. death of a mother

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐖 approached the rail, looking down at a number of spirits passing by the ship

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐖 approached the rail, looking down at a number of spirits passing by the ship. there were a number of then, all in small boats. it was unearthly and spooky.

bella stood by herself.

"they're not a threat to us, am i right?" will asked.

"we are nothing but ghosts to them," tia dalma replied.

"it's best just let them be," barbossa added quietly.

"it's my father!" elizabeth suddenly exclaimed. "we've made it back! father, here, look here!"

will turned to her. "elizabeth ... we're not back."

"father!"

"elizabeth . . . are you dead? i think i am," governor swann finally answered.

"no, you can't be!"

"there was this chest, you see. it's odd. at the time, it seemed so important. and a heart. i learned that if you stab the heart, yours must take its place. and you will sail the seas for eternity. the dutchman must have a captain. silly thing to die for."

"come aboard," elizabeth cried. "someone, cast a line! father, take the line!"

"she must not leave the ship!" tia dalma yelled.

as the commotion surrounded elizabeth, bella still stared out at the boats. then, one of them caught her eye. she squinted . . . and saw a blonde woman wearing a fancy gown.

it was her mother.

bella's hand rushed to cover her mouth in shock. slowly, her breathing became more strained. tears welled up in her eyes, blurring her vision. a single droplet trickled down her cheek before she was in someone's arms.

bella didn't even have to look up to know that it was jack. his strong, comforting grip pulled her in, distracted her. for a moment, the world stopped. it was just them.

bella held onto him, unwilling to let go ever again.

suddenly, she realized that they were no longer on the deck, but that he had led them into his cabin. he shut the door, still holding her tightly.

finally, bella pulled away from him with tears still wet on her cheeks.

"i'm sorry, jack," she said, heart screaming within her. "i'm sorry. i don't even know where to begin or where to end, but i'm sorry."

"i know," jack looked down at the ground. bella fought the urge to throw herself into his embrace and kiss him. they were silent for a moment.

"everything's changed," she whispered.

jack shot her that winning half-smile and opened his arms. "come here."

she sniffled and hugged him tightly again. "do you hate me?" she mumbled into his chest.

"no," answered jack softly. "oppose you for certain decisions, sure, but . . . i can't hate you, love. i never will."

"why not?" she let go of him.

"bella, you left me to die," he answered. "by all means, i should hate you for it. but that's not what i want." jack slowly pulled out his compass and flipped it open.

bella glanced down at it. the red needle was pointing straight at her. she raised her eyes to meet his in realization.

then, jack gently pressed the compass into her hands. the needle swung around to point right back at him.

"it finally works," bella muttered. jack grinned then took his compass back.

they stood in silence for a second. bella looked up at him. there was no other way she could tell him, so she just went for it. "my father left me his piece of eight, jack," she whispered. "i'm one of the pirate lords."

jack's eyes widened in surprise, but then his face morphed into a sort of understanding.

"congratulations," he responded.

she reached down and pulled out the queen of spades to show him. there was that unmatched fire in her eyes, drawing him in.

bella tucked the card away silently.

then, jack reached out and took her hand. the familiar gesture brought her a feeling of warmth and comfort.

jack gazed at her. he raised his other hand and gently touched bella's cheek. he realized, despite all that was happening, she remained just as strong, intelligent, brave, and beautiful as ever.

bella stared back into his eyes, a rush of memories flooding her senses. with every blink, those eyes still held her whole heart.

but this time, she saw something new in them.

forgiveness.

mutually, they pulled each other into a kiss. it was a burning, blazing embrace, characterized by their longing for each other despite everything going wrong in the world. in each other's arms, they were enticed, wanting nothing but to be close.

although everything truly had changed, jack and bella were still more enamored than ever.

a/n

hi hope you're in love w this chapter :) 

also i don't have words, thank you for 16K reads. you are all far too kind to me

see u soon, sarah