𝐈𝐈𝐈. cannibal island

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐖 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐏𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐋 hung over a gorge

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐖 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐏𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐋 hung over a gorge. they had been taken prisoner and locked in large cages. will, who had showed up at the island somehow, looked dismayed.

"why would he do this to us?" he asked. "if jack is the chief—"

"aye," gibbs cut him off. "the pelegostos have made jack their chief. but he only remains chief as long as he acts like a chief."

"so he had no choice," realized will. "he's a captive here as much as the rest of us."

"worse, as it turns out," bella informed him.

"you see, the pelegostos believe that jack is a god in human form," gibbs explained. "and they intend to do him the honor of releasing him from his fleshy prison." cotton snatched gibbs' hand and bit it. gibbs pulled his hand away, wincing in pain. "they'll roast him and eat him."

"where's the rest of the crew?" wondered will.

"these cages we're in . . . they weren't built until after we got here," bella replied.

"the feast is about to begin. jack's life will end . . . when the drums stop," gibbs said.

"well, we can't just sit here and wait then, can we?" will declared.

soon, both cages were swinging, trying to reach the side of the cliff. they tried and failed several times. eventually, they managed to latch onto some strong vines.

"put your legs through! start to climb!" shouted gibbs.

"come on, men, it'll take all of us to crew the black pearl!" will exclaimed.

"not necessarily," replied bella.

"she's right! you wouldn't need everyone," leech shouted back. "about six would do."

the two cages exchanged a tense look.

realizing what this meant, bella climbed faster. "hurry!!!!" she screamed.

"heave!" marty yelled. "is that all you've got?"

suddenly, a young native passed by on the bridge to their left. will spotted him and whispered forcefully to both cages. "stop, stop. stop!"

they held very still for a second, but the other cage wasn't full of the brightest bulbs. leech motioned for his crew to continue the climb.

"stop!" bella whispered angrily, but she was ignored.

in true karma fashion, leech suddenly grabbed a snake instead of a vine. "snake! aaaaaahh!"

everyone in the cage let go frightfully and they fell back. the rope holding the cage broke and they tumbled down, screaming all the way. clearly, the young native noticed.

"move!" screamed will as they hustled to get to the top.

finally, they rolled over onto the grass.