30: Maybe Perfect

Chapter 30

The show was only set to start around eight so until then everybody just lounged around in the back room. Jett and I were settled onto our own couch, Piper, Carter and Axel were all lounging around in the bean bag chairs while Dillon and Blake were lounging on the couch opposite to us. When I looked around at all my friends, I realized that I shouldn’t have been nervous at all about tonight because everyone seemed to be getting along just fine.

It was a great feeling to know that my two best friends were getting along with my new friends. I hadn’t even realized it but, looking at everybody just hanging out together, the corners of my lips turned upwards into a smile.

Jett nudged me gently and I turned to look at him with an eyebrow raised. “What are you smiling about?” he asked with a smile of his own.

I shrugged, not letting the smile drop off my face. “I don’t know. It just makes me happy seeing my best friends getting along with my new friends.” I explained.

Jett nodded. “Well I’m glad you’re happy.” he replied as he looked me in the eyes.

I only lasted a couple of seconds before I had to rip my gaze away from his because I could feel a blush forming on my cheeks.

“The show should be starting soon.” Dillon announced out of nowhere. “Do you guys wanna head out there now?”

Everybody seemed to be in agreement as we all stood up from our seats and started heading through the door that led to the front of the café.

Jett and I were walking at the back of our group when I realized something. “Wait,” I said, turning to look at Jett, “how are we all gonna fit into one booth?”

Before Jett could reply, the answer was very clear to me… we weren’t.

Our friends had gotten to the booth before us and taken up all of the available seats. Piper, Blake and Dillon were a bit squished on one side of the table while Axel and Carter were seated on the other.

“Well, since our friends decided to take up all the space,” Jett replied, sending a quick glare towards his friends, “do you wanna just grab an open table somewhere and sit there?”

I had a sneaking suspicion that somebody had planned for this to happen, but honestly, I wasn’t totally against the idea of being alone with him, so I nodded in response. “Sure.”

We said goodbye to our friends, who all had slight smirks plastered onto their faces, before walking around the café to find an empty table. Just our luck, after circling the perimeter of the restaurant three times, we came to the conclusion that there were no empty tables tonight as the show was about to stop.