Chapter Seven|Public

Check AN at the end if you have trouble visualizing this chapter. You'll see what I mean.

George was humming as he and Dream walked down the street together, heading towards a Burger King. Frankly, Dream was confused.

"Why would we go to eat if I don't eat you do?" Dream asked, tilting his head a bit to actually let George know he was confused.

"It doesn't matter if you can't eat it, you've just gotta taste it!" George responded. When Dream had told him earlier that, no, he has never tried fast food, George was furious.

"Well, why would I want to taste it if it doesn't even give me nutrients?" He shot back, and George groans.

"Well, why do you drink tea?" He shot back, starting to walk faster, probably so that Dream had less of a chance to back out.

"So you're saying the action of eating food is enjoyable enough for me to do it, even if it's pointless for me?" He asked, grabbing George's arm and forcing him to slow down a bit.

"Yes. Exactly." George said, nodding his agreement as they continued down the sidewalk.

"Whatever you say, George." Dream said, chuckling to himself as he held the door open for the shorter boy, who was able to slip in under his outstretched arm.

"So, I guess you're choosing something for me?" Dream said, raising an eyebrow under the mask. George nodded, and he seemed determined for some reason.

They were sat down at a table to be left in awkward silence until their waiter would return eventually. 

Dream @DreamDemonWasTaken
George actually took me to Burger King. @GeorgeNotFound, is this a date?

  |  George @GeorgeNotFound
  |  no, you smell bad 😓😓

Dream laughed a bit, but the waiter had come up and started asking for their orders. Dream let George handle that while he waited a little while, going through fanart (there was already fanart!) Of his 'cosplay'.

George was probably doing the same, as antisocial beings do. He couldn't say antisocial humans, all things considered.

"Here are your drinks, I'll be back for your food orders soon." The waitress with long brown hair said, taking a look at Dream before she left.

"Was she seriously checking you out?" George asked, looking at Dream with a raised eyebrow.

"Probably." He answered, sucking up the brown, bubbling liquid from the cup that was handed to him. He almost spits it out. It was strange to have something so sweet burn just a tiny bit on the way down.

"That's so unfair! She didn't even give me a glance." George whined, and Dream just chuckled a bit at his childish behavior.

"Well, you get to see something cool when the food gets here. Something she won't be able to see." He said, and George's head perked up in curiosity.

It was a while longer of Dream and George scrolling through Twitter before they got their food, and George was just... Staring at Dream. The demon chuckled nervously.

"Don't blame me if you're too terrified to move after I show you this." Dream warned. This only piqued George's curiosity more.

And with that, Dream opened his half-demon mouth. The one he'd been carefully hiding from George since they had met.

He leaned his head back, his jaw creaking as he opened his mouth. There were many sharp, dark grey teeth lining his jaw. His maw was huge, more than large enough to fit both of George's fists. His tongue was white, but his saliva was neon green. It wanted to drop onto his plate, but he didn't let it.