TWO

❀ ~ ○ ❀ ~ ○ ❀ ~ ○ ❀ ~ ○ ❀ ~ ○ ❀ ~ ○ ❀

H E L L   I S   C O L D

❀ ~ ○ ❀ ~ ○ ❀ ~ ○ ❀ ~ ○ ❀ ~ ○ ❀ ~ ○ ❀

What happened to Elise after their capture was one of the most painful experiences the young girl had ever been subject to. It was like the whip itself was made of fire, each lash causing her so much pain that all she could see was a blinding white light while her back felt like it was burning to a crisp. She could feel the skin breaking apart, blood pouring down her back while her screams filled the air.

She couldn't even comprehend how long she was tortured for. The blonde only knew that each lash was more painful than the last and that the more she screamed, the louder Tessa's pleas to stop became.

Elise wasn't sure when it had happened, but somehow along the way she had fallen unconscious. Only did she awake when she suddenly found herself being shoved under water. The suddenness of it all was enough to make the girl snap awake, her screams being muffled by the water surrounding her as Miranda practically drowned her as they forcibly cleaned the blonde.

All Elise could do besides scream from the pain was cry, the desire for this all to just end being stronger than ever before. The young girl wasn't sure where they had gone wrong, what could've led her and Tessa to these very moments. And if Nate was being treated the same way. . .well, Elise couldn't bare to even think about it.

The pain became too much after a while and Elise passed out once again, this time only waking up hours later to find herself in a stiff, pastel blue dress that she had never seen before. It was the first pair of clothes she had worn other than the grimy ones that had dawned her body for weeks now.

However, Elise couldn't even enjoy the moment of fresh clothes, instead only focusing on the fact that her body was in so much pain. The Dark Sisters must've assumed the girl wouldn't try to escape considering her condition and, seeing as they were correct, Elise didn't even go for the bedroom door as she slowly pulled herself out of her bed.

A few tears rolled down her cheeks as she pushed through the pain and made her way over to the window in her room. The moonlight streaming inside was the only source of comfort Elise could find, her tears becoming more frequent as she plopped to the ground in her weakness and pulled her knees close to her chest.

On the wall at the base of the window were small lines from where the wallpaper had been pulled away. Elise reached out and used her nail to make another mark, sighing softly as she began to count the marks to try and determine what day it was.

It was only when she got to the mark she just made that it clicked for her. The realization of what today was making her tear up even more. She let her chin rest against her knees as she hugged her legs close to her body, a small whimper escaping her lips before she whispered in a cracking voice, "Happy birthday to me."