XXVIII

Finally, the date that I had been waiting so long for had finally arrived.

Xavier was at another early morning meeting, but at least that had given me the chance to get ready for our date later today. He refused to tell me what we were doing on the date, so I was unsure about what to wear. I felt as if we had wound the clock back to that one Friday when we were supposed to go on a date- the day of the panic attack. 

My hair was damp, since I had already showered and followed the mini routine that Heather had created for me for special occasions, applying a tiny amount of concealer to my moisturiser and rubbing it onto my face and neck. I was pretty bad at makeup, so I had to wipe the excess out of my eyebrows with a face wipe. 

Looking at my reflection in the mirror, I suddenly felt nervous. Did I look good? I decided to just FaceTime Heather to put my nerves at ease, whipping out my phone and tapping her contact. It took a while for her to answer and when she did, my eyebrows shot up.

"I thought you said you weren't pursuing!" I exclaimed, noticing that she was in a guy's bed. 

"Yeah, well... Things change. What do you need?" She huffed, pulling the duvet further up her neck to hide what was underneath. 

A fruitless act in my opinion, considering that I had seen what was under that duvet first hand before. 

"Do I look alright? I've got my date with Xavier today." I decided to ignore whatever was happening on her end- she'd tell me eventually. 

"You look great, Cameron." Heather cooed, "If he breaks your heart, I'll break his kneecaps." 

I laughed to myself at the irony of Heather thinking that she could take on a mega tall werewolf, which earned me a glare from her. She didn't understand why I found it so funny, but even her trying to take on a human Xavier would be pretty comical, let alone a werewolf. 

"Thanks, Heather." I waved goodbye, hanging up.

I took my duffle bag of clothes to the bathroom, pulling out the outfit that Heather had picked out for me to wear on the last date Xavier and I had planned. It hadn't served its purpose back then, so I was going to use it now. 

I checked myself out in the bedroom mirror when I was sure I was finished and stilled at my reflection. 

The fact that I was finally going on a date with Xavier Evans hit me like a tonne of bricks and I felt a little breathless. After all of the anticipation, the pain and uncertainty, the moment was finally here. I wasn't sure how I felt about that because all I could feel right now were nerves, so it was hard to distinguish any other emotion. However, I'm pretty sure there was some excitement in the mix, too. 

"You look amazing." A voice breathed from the doorway, making me jump.

With all of the nerves and my preoccupation with the mirror reflection, I hadn't even sensed that Xavier was home. I looked him up and down, appreciating how he looked right now. He was dressed in simple black jeans and a long sleeve top, the sleeves pushed up to reveal his tattoos. It was effortless, but sexy and put together; I had a hard time taking my eyes off of him. 

"I did my best to keep up with the big dog." I shrugged, a smile playing on my lips. 

"Keep up with me? You're deluded." Xavier flirted, "You're clearly the hottest guy on the planet, don't be humble." 

"Ladies, Ladies, you're both pretty." Noah appeared from down the hallway, pushing past Xavier into the room, "Now can you grab that file so I can get back to my own mate?" 

Lure To The WoodsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara