10

The 19 year old has high hopes for the new year of living. 19 started out a little wobbly and then get right back up on its feet. Danny savored that cupcake like it was the last treat she would ever taste. It was as delicious as it was cute. Adorable. The thought of ruining it made Danny a little sad, but that went away when she tasted it. Heaven on earth.

This small gesture from Spence has made Danny see that this year could be even better than the last. Maybe she would make a new friend after all.

Walking to her class for the day, unfortunately not Mr. Charles, her phone vibrates in her back pocket. Danny reaches for the phone, moves her oversized T-shirt out of the way, and retrieves the device. A text sent from 'Spence'

'Here are some reading materials I thought you might be interested in.

Link: White-CollarCrimes'

Danny's heart that sped up with the text notification is now crashing back to earth. What was she thinking? Crushes? Friends? This man is her teacher and superior. There can't be anything more than a professional relationship.

'Thank you. Dr. Reid' Danny types back. She reminds herself to read that on the next break she has. Drowning her sorrows in informational text sounds inviting. She would be stupid to ignore the opportunity of learning from someone from the BAU. Feelings aside.

She slides her phone into her bag. Time for class.

-

Spencer has no idea what that text could mean. Is she mad at him? Dr. Reid? She hasn't called him that since they first met. He told her to call him Spence.

The doctor knows that's his official title, the one he asks everyone to call him, but it sounds off when Danny refers to him as Dr. Reid. It sounds too professional, too removed.

He will have to find out what's up with her later, for now he has a case to focus on. He never knew getting to know a girl would be so confusing, and time consuming. Boy, did Spence get a wake up call on that one. His days and nights filled with the thought of what he could say, what he did say, how he should act.

At this point he's debating on asking Morgan for advice, but knows that would only lead to embarrassment followed by endless jokes and torture.

"Who's Dan The Man?" A deep voice asks over Spencer's shoulder. A voice that has far too much curiosity in it. So much for keeping it a secret. Speak of the devil.

The lanky doctor practically leaps from his seat, turning around in his chair and pocketing the phone as deep into his slacks as it can go. Cue the blush. He almost fumbled over his words when he remembers that he is a profiler: master of the Vegas poker face.

He blanks into an indifferent mask. "A friend," Reid shrugs casually. He walks away without another word, paper file in hand.

Morgan stares on in confusion. Considering his job, he doesn't buy it. Before the meeting, he sneaks into Penelope's office.

"Hey baby girl, I know I'm the profiler here, but I wanted your input on something?"

"Shoot it, my chocolate thunder," her pigtails bounce and she adds finger guns on the word 'shoot'.

Morgan chuckles and looks down. Then gets serious again.

"Do you think Reid is gay?"