14

Spencer stepped on the the aircraft five minutes later than he normally would. He is five minutes late. The rest of the team notice.

"Hey pretty boy, had a hot date?" Morgan throws out there with a smirk. Always a smirk.

"Not now Morgan," Spencer snaps at the agent. His tone coming off harsher than he meant to. But today, right now, he can't take the teasing.

Morgan looks around at the rest of the team. His playful features melt into one of confusion. "What's wrong?" He asks. His older brother persona kicking in.

"I was just out getting food. Dan had a rough day today," he's trying to keep it vague for Danny's sake, "I didn't want Danny to be alone."

Spencer remembers the way Danny's face fell after he practically pushed her out of the car. How stupid he was. How could he have been so inconsiderate after everything that happened today?

"What happened to your 'friend'?" Morgan asks carefully, still trying to dig about Spencer's potential new love interest.

"Nothing. It's personal. Unfortunately, the BAU doesn't take assault cases," he mumbles out the last part to himself.

"Assault?" Hotch states in his hard voice. But Spencer knows he's concerned.

"Nothing. Nothing. I'm taking care of it," Reid drags his hand through his hair for the thousandth time that day. He doesn't know how many times he's going to have to say 'nothing' until he actually believes it. The jet takes off.

In an effort to derail the current conversation, he asks about the case. "So, what do we have?"

"A woman, petite with dark hair was found in the hills of Hollywood this weekend.." and JJ proceeds to give Spencer and the team the briefing for the case. Spencer's mind goes to Danny once again. She is small, petite by normal standards and has very dark hair. Spencer likes that she has a little Latina flair to her features. In his eyes, the perfect woman. Though he has to remind himself that she is only a few days into being 19. He was 26 himself, not too old, but still a little weird I'm societies eyes. Especially since they are in a position of superior and student.

The young agent then remembers the way her eyes look haunted, staggering, with blood all over her shirt. He never wants to see her like that again. He swears to himself for leaving her like that.

Spaced out and with the occasional curse under his breath, Spencer doesn't notice the team staring. Each doing their own profiling.

"Do you think he heard anything about the case?" JJ asks in concern.

"I might have to take him off this one, his mind is somewhere else," Hotch pitches in.

Morgan shakes his head, "I guess he still can't stop thinking about Danny. Something bad must have happened. He's normally not this down with himself. I'll talk to him later."

"Poor Reid," Penelope pops up from the screen. "Poor Reid," a little voice from the back states.

"Baby girl why is our daughter listening in?" Morgan asks.

"Don't worry I had my headphones in for the grizzly stuff. She's making another app on her tablet," Penelope looks over at the light skinned girl with curly hair and a crazy multicolored outfit.

"Don't let her stay up late again," Morgan shuts the computer down.

"So, who wants to make a bet?" Rossi leans forward after watching the young doctor for a bit. "20 says he and Danny are dating by next month."

"We don't even know who Danny is?" JJ adds.

"I'm in," Prentiss cocks her head to the side squinting at the way Reid fiddles with his hands. "20 says it's two months."

"Two weeks," Morgan. "Penelope says 5 weeks."

"3 months," Hotch mutters.

JJ sits with her mouth open at even Hotch getting in on the action. "Fine, 5 months."

Spencer sits with his legs crossed, eyes trained out the window, non the wiser about the bet going on around him.