*insert clever title*

Monday Morning

Tony's POV

Today is the day!! It's Peter's first day of the internship! He hasn't told the groupchat yet, and it confuses me. Wouldn't he tell us that he won? I pictured him in all caps texting me "Mr. Fe, I won!" all excited and jumpy. He always seems to make me smile whenever we chat.

He might just be waiting to tell us, but I can't bear to wait any longer. I want to hear from him, so I can brag about how great he is.

Peter's POV

I walked to school in a slow pace. Yesterday really made me upset. I haven't spoken a word to anyone at all, except for May. I just don't feel like talking. I'm just numb.

Mr. Fe is going to be so mad that I let him down. He might even block me, so he doesn't have to talk to such a failure.

He's the closest thing to a dad I've had in a long time. I don't want to lose him, but I understand if he does leave me. I wouldn't want anything to do with me either.

I took out the sticky note for today and read it over again.

Bothersome
(adj. Causing bother; troublesome)

Seems about right. All I ever do is annoy people. I'm just a burden on everyone's shoulders.

I sighed and wiped away a tear. It's what I get for having hope.

>_<

I arrived at school to greet Ned and MJ. I didn't talk to them, and they took it as a sign that I lost and was upset. MJ just patted my back, and Ned invited me to his house so he can cheer me up with some good ol' legos.

I declined with a shake of my head. He nodded and smiled at me. I smiled back, and we all walked to class.

>_<

We walked to lunch, and it was crazy, because I was actually walking with them with lunch money in my pocket. I didn't get stopped by Flash at all today. I could actually eat a little bit today.

Everytime Flash had spotted me, his eyes got wide and he ran the other direction. It was very weird, but I didn't mind. I could get used to it.

I remembered what happened on Friday. It must have something to do with it, but I couldn't think of anything.

When I thought about the internship, I frowned again.

"Are you sure you're okay, loser?" MJ asked. I nodded.

"I'll be fine." They looked at me skeptically and I reassured them with a small smile and we kept walking.

>_<

It was the end of school, and I was making my way out of school. I saw this fancy black SUV with faded windows in the pick up line, and I wondered whose parents were that rich besides Flash.

I knew for a fact that Flash had his own car. One time, he almost ran me over as a joke to taunt me. I also may have borrowed it when I was Spider-Man.