Chapter 7 - Home Sweet Home

[Harley]

I couldn't believe that Ella was really alive, really breathing and that Family Services were going to let us bring her back to Nashville. It seemed unreal. She wanted to spend one last night with her foster family, gathering up some of her things before we left for Nashville.

I couldn't believe that we were flying home. That we were taking Ella home. Hell, I hadn't even asked her if she wanted to be called Ella. We hired a private jet to fly us back, so that we weren't spotted or anything. She didn't need that kind of attention and there were already rumors spreading that a celebrity couple was involved in the Atlanta baby scandal.

It had happened so fast that we hadn't even thought about any media getting wind of our situation.

"I got a question for you," I said, looking over at Isabella. "I know your name has always been Isabella, but do you want to be called that and we can change your name to that, or do you want..."

"Ella?" she asked as I nodded. "How did you pick that name?" she asked, looking over at me and then at Nick.

"Well, Harley's first number one song was called 'Enchanted' and she wrote it about the night we first met," Nick said.

"I like that song," she said as I smiled.

"There was a Disney movie called 'Ella Enchanted' and so we kind of named you after the first song I wrote about Nick and my first big hit," I said as she nodded.

"I like Ella. That's who I'm supposed to be, right?" she asked, looking at Nick. "Ella Carter?"

"Ella Brooklyn Carter," Nick said as Ella looked at me. "That's who you've should have always been. That's who you are from this moment forward. You don't have to worry about those people anymore."

"I always wanted a brother or sister and now I have both," she smiled. "Sadie and Noah, right?"

"Right," I said. "Sadie is very outgoing and Noah's kind of quiet and shy. You and Sadie will get along really well, I think. She's always wanted a sister, although we're gonna have to explain that her big sister isn't in heaven anymore." Ella looked at me and I looked at Nick. Why did I have to open my mouth?

"Heaven?" she asked.

"When you were born, that bad doctor who sold you to the bad people, he told us you died," Nick said as Ella stared at him. "If we had known you were alive, we would have tried to find you. We didn't know until I swear, just a few days ago."

"They always said that my real Mom and Dad didn't want me," Ella said as I shook my head, turning around in my seat to look at her.

"I wanted you so much," I said as she looked at me. She really did have Nick's eyes. I reached over, taking her hand. "I was so sad when I thought I lost you. It took me a long time to get over it. Sometimes I still don't think I'm over it even though you're sitting here in front of me."

"I can't believe you're my real Mom," Ella said as I smiled, trying not to cry.

"Gee, I'm chopped liver and just an old Backsreet Boy," Nick muttered as Ella and I both started to laugh.

The plane landed outside Nashville at an airport not far from our house. We hired a car to come pick us up, telling my Dad and Nadine not to cause a big scene when we arrived because Ella was still a little shaken up from everything.

I kept looking over at Ella as we headed into the subdivision where our house was on the golf course. Her eyes were glued to the window, staring at all the big houses. I knew having a normal family would take some getting used to, but she just found out that her favorite singer was also her real mother and that her parents were famous. We were definitely going to have to get her into counseling on the other things, but I thought she was going to need some help on the other, too.

"This is our house?" Ella asked as we got out of the car. She looked around, looking over at our cars off to the side and back at me. "We live here?"

"Yep," I smiled, taking her hand as Nick grabbed our bags, paying the driver. "We moved here before Sadie was born."

"Do I get my own room?" she asked as I nodded, opening the door up and froze.

There, in the foyer stood everything - my father, Nadine, Daisy, AJ, Donnie, Lisa, Brian, Baylee, Sadie, Noah and Jane.

"Oh my God," Jane called out, putting her hands over her mouth. I looked over at Nick as he walked in, dropping the bags. "You look just like your Daddy," Jane said, walking up to Ella. "I'm your Grandma," she said, hugging Ella. Ella stood there, looking up at me with a confused look on her face.

"Hi," Ella said as Jane backed away and I saw the look on Ella's face, looking at everybody. The fact that the males outnumbered the females probably concerned her.

"Daddy, I said..." I started to say as he held his hand up, stopping me.

"You do look just like Nick," my father said, walking up to Ella. "I'm your Grandpa Jon, but you can just call me PaPa like the others do," he said as he started to hug Ella. She took a step back and latched onto my hand. "What's wrong?"

"Why don't I just introduce everybody and then we can take your things upstairs?" Nick asked as Ella nodded. Before he could say anything, Sadie walked up to her. "Sadie, this is your big sister Ella."

"You're not in heaven," Sadie said as she reached up, hugging Ella who hugged her back. "You can play with my dolls but the cat is mine."

"I don't like cats," Ella said as she smiled.

"That over there by your Grandpa is his wife Nadine and then your Aunt Daisy," Nick said as Ella waved at them. "Then there holding Noah, your little brother is your Uncle AJ, he's a little weird. Then there's your Uncle Brian and his son Baylee and the pregnant chick is your Aunt Lisa and Uncle Donnie and you met your Grandma Jane."

"Noah looks a little like me," Ella whispered as Nick nodded.

"Come on, we'll go upstairs and you can pick out which room you want and Sadie can come with us," I said, looking over at my father as I picked Sadie up. I took Ella's hand and we headed over to the staircase as everybody looked at us.

[/Harley]

[Nick]

"What are you guys doing here?" I asked as Jon walked up to me. "I know you guys mean well, but, it's a transition."

"Why wouldn't she hug me?" Jon asked as I looked at him. I watched my mother take Noah from AJ and head upstairs where the girls went. "What's wrong?"

"She was abused, wasn't she?" Lisa asked as I looked at her and nodded.

"Abused?" Jon asked. "What do you mean? Beaten?"

"Sexually," I whispered, seeing Jon look away and then took a few steps away, turning his back to me. "She's got trust issues and that's why we didn't want some big to do when we got here. Really, we appreciate it, you have no idea, but, coming to her new home and seeing strange men, I don't know what all happened, Harley hasn't told me yet, but I know it's not good."

"I will kill the son of a bitch," Jon hissed, turning back to look at me.

"I got a feeling you might have to get in line," Daisy whispered, wiping a few tears away.

[/Nick]

[Harley]

"I like this room," Ella said, walking into the spare bedroom that was next to Sadie's room. "I like the color." I smiled. It was a soft lavender color. "Who are those strange men downstairs?"

"Uncle AJ is my favorite," Sadie smiled, holding onto her doll. "I'll go get you a doll for your room," she said, running out of the room.

"They're your family," I whispered, squatting down to look at her. "That man that tried to hug you, that's my Daddy. He's your Grandpa and he will never hurt you or let anybody hurt me. You don't have to be scared of any of them, I promise."

"You know..." she whispered as I nodded. "I don't want that to happen again."

"And it won't, I promise," I said as she reached over, hugging me tightly.

"I want a hug," Sadie said, walking into the room and tried to hug both of us. I laughed, falling back on my backside as they continued to hug me. I looked over, seeing Jane standing there with a smile on her face, holding Noah.

Suddenly it hit me that I had everything I ever wanted.

I just hoped it stayed that way.

[/Harley]