Part 2 ~ "Again?"

The following morning Adam woke to find the side of his bed, where Lawrence had been sleeping, empty. At first he didn't think anything and carelessly sprawled out his leg, before noticing the cold bedding. The realisation hit. He jumped up out of bed and made his way to the bathroom, he still trembled before he stepped foot in there, but he mustered the courage to finally walk in. On the edge of the sink, a folded up piece of paper was lying there rustling from the wind coming from the open window. Adam turned his head slowly and breathed in the fresh air before taking the scrunched up piece of paper and unfolding it gently. It read, "Adam, I hope you slept well, I can't tell you how cute you look when you're sleeping. I've had to go to work, emergency meeting. I'll call you at lunch. Larry"

He put down the note and looked up at himself in the oval mirror, his hair flopped over his right eye but he thought he looked somewhat handsome. It must have been instilled into him after having Lawrence tell it him so many times. "Again?" he muttered to himself and stumbled down the stairs to the kitchen. The kitchen was a mess, wallpaper falling off and the sink had mould rising up the edge. Nothing was the same since Alison left, she kept the house in check and Adam was a pretty useless cleaner. Avoiding the mess, Adam made himself some coffee and sat in his spot on the sofa to watch TV.