Chapter 42

Hayden's POV

_____

The days went by quick, sometimes I didn't even know what day it was. It was all just becoming a routine to me, Wake up, Clean the toilets, Eat the distgusting porridge and then back to the room. I was getting accustomed to the feeling of being in there. Feeling forgotten, unwanted and used.

I wonder what my mom was doing right now, back at home safe and sound in her little house with her TV, free porn on the internet and freedom which I can't seem to relate to.

I don't know if she knows how they treat us to the extreme but I'm sure she would approve of this, she'd love the thought of seeing my right to an opinion being taken away and me being ordered around. I bet she was sitting with her high and mighty friends discussing that no daughter of hers is going to be gay, I knew this because she had done it before in front of my literal face, didn't even spare me a glance when the words left her mouth. I felt like a charity case in my own house, I felt like a charity case in my own family, awaiting the countdown of a mental clock in which they'd just throw me out on the streets.

Some people don't have a heart, I know that now. Some people don't have a brain, that was pretty obvious when they elected trump as president but at the end of the day, if you could sleep soundly knowing you had shipped your daughter off to a conversion camp with strangers, surrounded by men day and night and young teenagers locked away from the government to find, then something was literally wrong with you

The thing I didn't understand about this whole therapy shit was the fact that they would rather break laws just to 'save' us when the truth was they are the one's who need saving themselves.

When are they going to realize that they can't change us, we might act how they want us to act in front of their faces but behind their backs its a whole different story.

Then they want to call us liars and say that we are the sneaky ones when its them who made us act this way. How can we be ourselves around you with out you flipping out, without us becoming homeless or being disowned. How ca-

"Hey, dude Ruby is coming" Alexis nudged me.

"I didn't realize I was zoned out" I shook it off continuing to scrub the toilet.

Utterly. Fucking disgusting. Especially since they feed eveyone here shit, their shit didn't even look like shit anymore. For fuck sakes man.

I rolled my eyes and pressed to scrub harder against the rim of the bowl, I'm pretty sure I saw a whole bunch of shit on the ceiling but I'll just leave that there for the next person who sits on here and let that shit fall in their goddamned heads.

Maybe then is when I'll finally get a little entertainment out here

"Well you guys are getting comfortable aren't yah" She smirked

"We do this everyday so" Abeke shrugged

"Well today is your lucky day" She smiled.

"Wait what do you mean?" I asked.

"Well you guys haven't been acting up much and you've been adhering to her rules so..." She said.

"So, what?" Alexis asked.

"So, You've been upgraded, you can attend class" She said.

Now I know what you're thinking, ew classes that's boring. But when you've been scrubbing all the different rainbow colours of people's shit for a week, then the idea of going to classes would excite you more than someone licking your over stem clit.

Our faces fell, not in the sad way but with the disbelief washing over us. The scrub dropped from my hand and landed somewhere in that bowl of human dissapointment.