Chapter 11

"You cannot protect yourself from sadness without protecting yourself from happiness"

3rd person POV
(At the same time Stiles and Steve began theres plan)
----------------------------

Natasha was walking down the hall to the cafeteria to get some food. She was thinking. Thinking about the murders, thinking about Stiles, thinking about how Steve had seemed distant all day. When she arrived at the cafeteria she could see the others sitting at a table so she went over to them after grabbing some food. Natasha sat down in silence deep in her own thoughts.

Bruce looked at her worried. "Hey Nat, are you okay?" Bruce questioned making everyone look at them. Natasha looked at Bruce. "Yeah I'm fine. Just thinking" she replied in a cold voice. "About Stiles?" Bruce questioned again looking at Natasha. She just nodded looking down at her food. Before anyone could say anything she spoke. "I just dont get it why wont he talk. Theres something more to it I can feel it. And then Steve has been acting weird all day" Natasha said frustrated. "Steve? Have Steve been acting weird?" Tony questioned. "Haven't you noticed" Clint said frowning. "He has been distant all day and haven't talked" Clint suggested. Tony looked confused at Natasha. "Isn't that just normal behavior for Steve?" Tony shrugged. Natasha glared at Tony. If looks could kill Tony would already be dead. Tony raised his hands in a surrendering gesture. "What I meant is that Steve is always acting weird. Isn't that just normal for Steve?" he looked at Natasha with a questioning look. Natasha looked down at her food again in her own thoughts. The other avengers slowly began to talk to each other again.

Suddenly a look of realization made its way to Natasha face. Natasha whipped her head up at the sudden realization. The other looks surprised at Natasha. "What is it? Whats wrong?" Clint asked looking confused at Natasha. "No it cant be" Natasha whispered to herself, but it was loud that the others could hear it. The avengers looked at each other with a confused look. "What? What cant be?" Clint asked with a startled expression grabbing Natasha arm to get her attention.

Natasha looked up at Clint. "I think Steve is working with Stiles" she explained looking at Clint with wide worried eyes. "No he wouldn't do that" Tony spoke up, but there was a uncertainty in his voice. "It actually explains a lot" Clint said letting go of Natashas arm. "Why he has been so distant. Why he hasn't helped getting information out of Stiles" Clint began with a sudden look of realization. Natasha continued. "Earlier today when I was walking up towards Stiles' room Steve was coming down the hallway. Like he was walking away from Stiles' room instead of towards it" Natasha stood up from her chair. "Which probably means he was in the room talking to Stiles" Tony said now putting the pieces together. Tony stood abruptly up. "We have to find Steve" Without another second Clint and Natasha ran as fast as they could. A few meters behind them was Tony behind Tony was Bruce who was trying to keep up with the others.