twelve

.

- April -

.

"April! April we thought we lost you baby." My mom cried as she ran up to me, hugging me tightly. She didn't let go as dad came from behind her and hugged the both of us.

"Are you okay? Did.. Did he do anything to you?"

"How do you know?" I asked, still in slight shock of what just happened moments ago. I got to see Harry for only a few moments more before the police car he rode in took a turn and the car I was in, drove me to my house.

I almost forgot what home really was.

"The police told us they'd get to us as soon as they found any sort of evidence on the suspect, and well they finally got a good idea on who abducted you. And Louis, w-we heard he was captured with you but there was no evidence on him, we're so sorry.."

"No you don't understand, he's.. He didn't have anything to do with this. Can't they just take my word for it?" I spoke shakily as mom shushed me. "Mom and.. Louis, he's dead." I say slowly, I wish the thought of it didn't come back though.

The expressions on their faces changed, telling me that they were completely shocked to hear the news. They were great friends with his parents. They probably couldn't even bare the thought of seeing them find out that Louis was really dead.

"You must be tired." She completely ignored what I was trying to say after a moment. "Get some sleep and we can talk about it in the morning."

"Mom, where are they taking him?" I asked as my dad immediately chimed in. Sometimes, I felt like my dad cared way too much for me.. But I couldn't blame him. I was gone for three weeks and no one really knew where I was.

"The police covered everything. He has.. He's sick, sweetheart. And they know exactly what's causing him to act out like this, to do all these criminal things."

"No, no you don't get it. He's fine." I emphasize, shaking my head. "He's just lost, okay? He's lost, and he doesn't know how to find his way back."

"What do you mean? What are you trying to tell us?" Dad urged, grabbing me by the shoulders once we were on the porch. He looked me straight in the eyes, waiting for a reply.

"Look, he.. He ran away, when he was at a younger age. That's why it's been awhile ever since people just gave up looking for him, because that's the thing. He didn't want to be found, h-he was misunderstood." I desperately explained, hoping for them to just understand. They were my parents after all, right?

"That still doesn't change anything, he's crazy. And why the hell are you defending him? For all we know, he must've tried to kill you!"

"All he's done was protect me! And he doesn't deserve to be locked in a dirty prison cell for who knows how long.'' I rose my voice as my mom stood in front of my dad.

"April. You are going to go up to your room, and we will talk about this tomorrow." She spoke sternly.

"No." I narrowed my eyes slightly. "I'm okay, can't you see? Nothing happened to me."

My dad sighed, closing his eyes. "You're safe. And you're okay, just.. Can you please accept that. Accept that that maniac can't reach you anymore."

"God, it's like you didn't hear a single thing I said." I whispered. "This is pointless." I walk inside and bolt up the stairs.

Slamming my bedroom door closed once I had gotten in, I sighed, sitting on my bed.

My mind was all over the place, and I couldn't seem to get through my thoughts. I was at a dead end.

What did they mean he was sick?