ELC14

ELC14

"Eto oh! Try mo!" I raised an off-shoulder floral dress and showed it to Dandi. She stepped beside me and held the dress. I saw how she blushed a little. I giggled. I think she's imagining herself wearing it.

"Try mo!" I encourage her more.

"Baka di bagay?"

Nanliit ang mata ko. "Di mo ba ko pinagtitiwalaan?"

"Pinagkakatiwalaan." She corrected me before she stole the dress from my hand to tell the vendor she'll fit it. Aba naman! How dare this girl! Pasalamat siya favorite girl ko siya!

The vendor assisted her in a DIY fitting room using an old and a little dirty curtain. Omg! Di ba sila marunong maglaba? I frowned.

It was my second time receiving a salary! And we came here to the market with Ate Lucy so we could buy something we would like. I just find it weird that the clothes here are more expensive than ukay. Hmm... is there a difference? Maybe the place?

"Reese."

I stopped looking around the shop when Dandi went out of the fitting room. I look at her from head to toe and I smiled while giving her a thumbs up. She looks so cute! See? My eyes never fail when it comes to fashion!

"Bilihin mo na!"

"Pero baka mahal?"

"Magkano po, Ate?" I asked the vendor.

"Three hundred lang, hija."

I faked a gasped. "Hala Ate, ang mahal naman, pwede bang 200 nalang?"

Ate laughed like she's already too used of the tawad systems. Medyo nasasanay na din ako simula noong sumama ako palagi kay Ate Lucy na pumunta sa palengke.

"280 pwede. Masyadong mababa ang 200, ne. Wala na akong tubo noon."

Ate Lucy said that they always say they already don't have a profit if we asked for a lower price. Almost every vendor has said that! I should not get fooled!

"230?" I added 30 pesos.

She shook her head. I pretended to nod sadly and turned to Dandi.

"Palit ka na, Dandi. May nakita ako don sa kabila parehas lang... bagay din iyon sayo..."

"Oh... s-sige." Dandi said, puzzled on my move because I was the one who insisted on buying it. She went inside the fitting room again-wait, is it even a fitting room or a fitting space?

"240! Ibibigay ko ng 240!"

I clicked my tongue and laughed in my head. I knew it! There's always has to be a way to get it!

"Dandi, rinig mo 'yon?" I asked.

"Oo! Kukunin ko na, Ate!" Dandi replied while changing.

Dandi and I both laughed when we walked out of the store. She was already holding her new dress. We looked at the other stores again and try the same tactic that never gets old! The vendors are surprising biting our reasons!

"Puntahan ko lang si Nanay. Ikaw ba?"

Ate Lucy part away from us awhile ago to go on the section where stores mostly sell foods and ingredients while we went on those stores that sell clothes.

I smiled at her. "Maghahanap muna ako dito ng iba pa. Susunod na lang ako."

She nodded at me and waved her hand. The public market is not that huge for us to lose each other. Madali lang magkakitaan.

I started walking again while looking around the stores around me. I was a little bit excited. Shall I look for a shop that sells skincare products? I really think my skin's getting dry and I'm hating it so much!