0.8

Chapter 8: Stay Close

"I know what the salon is, Yuzuru. What I mean is this is not included in what we talked yesterday!" I gritted in my teeth in frustration. My voice must've been loud that's why the passersby looked at us.

"My name sounds so sweet in your voice baby," He smiled at me.

Shivers crawled onto my skin and I almost vomited. Never did my family nor any of my friends called me 'baby' because it's so cringy and childish. Hearing it first from this guy made it even worse. 

"So is the appointment cancelled or not?" The guy went out to check on us.

"Ah, sorry Tyler. My baby is nervous so I have to calm her down," Yuzuru cling his arm around my shoulders and pinched my nose hard. Yes, not those cute soft pinch but the ones that hurt. I could feel my eyes tearing up a little bit.

I tired all my might to persuade Yuzuru out of this but no avail. It's like once he set his mind on it, you can't change his mind. Tyler led me on one of the chairs and examined my face and hair.

"Her skin is good, although we can do a bit better. For the hair, we can straighten it," 

I could see Yuzuru also looking at me and nodding whatever Tyler was saying. I should get out of this place but here I am sitting. I tried to eavesdrop their conversation but the only thing I can hear is something about my fashion.

"Angie, start her treatment," Tyler called.

My heart started pumping rapidly the moment Angie touched my hair. From the mirror, I saw Yuzuru about to leave but my hands were quick to catch his. He looked at our hands. I don't care if its embarrassing or not, I'm scared to be alone right now.

"Where are you going?"

He didn't answer for about a few minutes. It was like he was lost and I can understand him. Last time, I was acting like I totally hate him. And now, I have him asking where he is off to like we've known each other for so long.

"I'll just go buy some stuff," He said.

"Can't we do that later? I don't want to be alone right now," I pleaded at him.

I throw out my pride outside the window just for this. I don't really care at this point right now. I'm feeling a tension that my mind and anxiety creates. The place and people are unfamiliar. Addition to that, he didn't even mention that we're going here in the first place.

"T-They'll take of you. Right, Tyler?" He turned to the guy.

Yuzuru nodded and was about to go but I held tighter. I muster all my energy to do the puppy eye stuff to him. I know it looks ugly if I'm the one doing it but I'm  getting desperate here. It works with other girls so I'm taking the chances.

"You'll be fine," Yuzuru smiled at me and patted my head like a pet. My body reacted quickly to got with him but Tyler pushed me back down to my seat. He told me to rest it easy and to trust them. 

"Don't you trust us?" Tyler said. He suddenly reclined the chair making me flinch. 

"I do. I'm just surprised and all," I let out an awkward laugh to ease my nerves.

"Well, that's expected from him. He never runs out of surprises for Athena," He told me as he brushed my hair.

Its well-known inside our campus how sweet Yuzuru is to Athena. One of the circulating gossips is that's why she seems to be glowing is because she has a blooming relationship. He treats her like a queen and everybody envies them. 

"We will now start the makeover!" 

***

After hours and hours of putting several products into my face and hair, we're finally done. I don't usually go into salons to cut my hair because my Mom can do that. But all I can say is that I've enjoyed it. Tyler, along with the staff, made me comfortable. Their poker faces intimidated me but they are all such good companions.