15. "sʜᴇ ᴅᴏᴇsɴ'ᴛ ʙᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ᴍᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴍᴜᴄʜ."

He woke up in an unfamiliar room, in an unfamiliar bed, to a familiar face.

"Iwa...?" His voice trailed off when he realized that the spiky-haired boy was sleeping. He could hear Iwaizumi's soft snores.

This must be Iwa's room, he thought, looking around. It was fairly blank. The walls were a cream white with no posters, and the only furniture consisted of a twin sized bed and a desk with a chair. He glanced back at the sleeping Iwaizumi. Must be a minimalist, he figured.

Suddenly, he winced. There was a sharp pang in the side of his head, causing him yelp out loud.

Iwaizumi snapped awake, a look of confusion of his face. "Wha-"

"Sorry for waking you, Iwa." He said to the spiky-haired boy. "I didn't mean to."

Iwaizumi blinked a few times, registering his words before saying, "Oh no, it's fine. I didn't mean to fall asleep anyway." The male trailed off. "Um- how are you feeling?" He asked cautiously.

Oikawa cleared his throat. How was he feeling? Well...

"I can't really feel anything," he answered, shrugging his shoulders. "I mean, I'm kind of just empty. Blank, I guess."

He watched as Iwaizumi's forehead creased, considering his answer. Oikawa also watched as the spiky haired boy's eyes drifted to his arm.

After a moment, Iwaizumi said, "Do you remember what happened? You have a nasty cut on the top of your head."

He raised a hand to his hair, and sure enough, he could feel a bandage. "Most of it. I don't remember how I got here, though. All I remember is being super confused."

"You were passed out when I found you, so I decided to take you back to my house."

"And you didn't think to take me to a hospital?" He teased.

Iwaizumi's face flushed. "M-Mrs. Mori said not to. That you would be mad if you woke up in a hospital."

He frowned. "I was only kidding, but now that you've brought up that witch, I wish you would've taken me just to spite her."

"I'm sorry."

Oikawa looked away and went to fiddle with Iwaizumi's comforter. "It's fine. She doesn't bother me that much. But I am grateful that you took me away–"

"I'm sorry for what you've been through."

He stopped fidgeting. "Yeah, well. That isn't your fault either."

"Oikawa, look at me."

"Why, Iwa? You miss my gorgeous face that–"

"You don't even call me Iwa-chan anymore."

He slowly looked up with glassy eyes. "I'm sorry. I'll call you Iwa-chan from now on."

Iwaizumi groaned. "You have nothing to apologize for. Call me whatever you want." The spiky haired boy leaned over and gently ruffled his curls.

Oikawa's lips tugged upward into a sly smile. "Then I'll call you mine."

There was a blush and then a: "Shut up, Shittykawa."

It was a little after seven o'clock at night when Oikawa was hit with an idea.

They were sitting on the couch, watching some god-awful dinosaur movie that he wasn't paying much attention to, when he remembered that it was Saturday.

"Iwa-chan."

"What."

"Let's go to the Gala."

There was a pause and then, "What?!"

"Yeah."

Iwaizumi stared at him like he was a madman. In truth, Oikawa probably was losing his mind.

"Why would you want to go?" questioned the spiky haired boy. "Especially after yesterday. We'll run into your parents and–"

"I know we will," he answered, calmly. "But I want to talk to the reporters there. It'll look good."

"Not for the Mori's," snorted Iwaizumi.

"Which is why we should go," he finished.

Iwaizumi bit his lip, looking like he was in thought. Oikawa turned back to face the TV screen, patiently waiting for his soulmate's answer.

After a minute or two, Iwaizumi gave his reply.

"I don't have anything to wear."

Oikawa smiled. "Don't worry about that. I have some special connections."

SORRY! I know I said it was going to be a longer chap but the next few events are supposed to be kind of chaotic so I wanted to split the two.

Anyways, thanks so much for all the support!! Every Little Lie is going to reach the end super soon like 3-4ish more chaps and it's over 😬