17.5

Contrary to popular belief, Oikawa is alive.

It was a moment; all the time that was needed because when he saw the blinding lights of whatever vehicle was driving towards him, he felt a hand grip his arm. The force pulled him away from the street, violently tossing him onto the sidewalk of pedestrians.

He crashed hard onto the cement, barely getting a breath out before the collision happened right in front of his eyes.

There was a braking screech mixed with a scream.

And then there was nothing.

But in Oikawa's eyes, there was almost everything.

He felt the bile rise in his throat; the bitter acid waiting to be expelled.

People all around were starting to panic, but no one made a move towards the motionless body in the street. Instead, their phones were pointed at the collision while they chattered uselessly.

He imagined they weren't calling an ambulance.

Not like he could've either. Oikawa was frozen stiff from the sight of it alone.

He stared at the blood body. A pair of familiar, glassy eyes stared back; a lock of his savior's hair draped over its pale face.

In that moment, he recognized the stranger who saved him.

And in that moment, he laughed humorlessly. No one else heard his cold chuckle as sirens were wailing nearby.

But just as the moment passed, the horror dawned on him and he realized.

The witch had casted a spell.

And because of that spell, Oikawa is alive.