Communicating

Beth's POV

He was standing there with his full glory, looking stunning actually healthier. I never noticed his previous appearance was distressed. His eyes had eye bags before which I never noticed

Mafia prince.

If I hadn't known real him, I would have fallen in love with him.

Now, that dark jeans and grey polo shirt fitted his muscular body so well, that any girl would drool over his body.

He looks too handsome to be true.

He came to me with his hesitant steps and I held my breath. What if he hurt me?

“Shouldn't you welcome me back?” He smiled. A genuine smile. “Mommy?” He teased me.

“Well... Welcome home.” I stammered.

He was about to hug me but Mark hugged from the back and kissed my head.

“Thank you for coming. Rossi.” Mark sounded satisfied. I know, he's teasing our guest.

“You should be thankful to me for other things too. Rogers.” He flashed a smile without moving his eyes from me.

“You look healthy, actually....... Valerio” I said. I was shocked. It came out of my stupid mouth without my permission.

“You noticed me,” Valerio smirked while Mark tightens his grip on my waist. “I want to see OUR daughter.” He said to me.

I nodded and pointed towards the direction, where Eli was with Hunter and Savannah.

Mark claimed my lips with his signature kiss without wasting a single moment, in front of Valerio. He licked my lips and kissed me like it's his last kiss.

“We have a lot of unfinished business.” Mark reminded me of my promise this morning.

Although Mark whispered, but he was loud enough to be heard.

He wanted Valerio to hear this.

Valerio stood right in front of us and glared at Mark. The aura of their tension could be felt by everyone, later awkward silence enveloped our surroundings. Everyone is looking at us.

I could see, Valerio was trying hard to control himself.

“Valerio, Eli is waiting for you.” I finally managed to distract.

Without a word, Valerio left for Eli. I could feel Mark smirking all this time over my shoulders. I bite his palm to get his attention. He laughed as if I was tickling him.

Men.....

I decided to leave him. I need to change my dress, that looks dirty. I learnt an important lesson that 'don't wear white around kids'.

I had a bath and changed into a baby pink dress. But, Valerio welcomed me in the room. Mark and mine's room.

He looked relaxed and was looking at photo frames. That has photos of me and Sylvia. Mark wanted the room to be filled with the memories.

“You are sleeping with him.” He sounds calm. It is a calm before the storm.

I need to leave, so I walked slowly to the door and find it closed.

“I was hoping you would do that.” He turned and smirked. “Need help with hair?”

I shook my head. His eyes are furious opposite to his body language. He let out a vicious laugh and took out a box from his pocket. It's a ring.....

Our engagement rings.

“You forgot this.” He gave me our engagement ring.

“I don't want to marry you,” I whispered afraid of getting hurt.