chapter two

chapter two
DAY ONE

               EMMETT WAS no idiot

               EMMETT WAS no idiot. He knew that if Sebastian was at Robby Jay's trailer, he was there for one thing and one thing only. He also knew that whomever this Kevin guy is, he was also up to no good, having been hanging around RJ.

The officer stopped the car just in front of the small home. He cleared his throat as he stepped out, marching toward the tiny, one step porch. He knocked on the door, knowing that if someone was to peak out the window, they would see the police car and act as if they weren't home. To his surprise, however, the door pulled open. Standing on the opposite side was a man no taller than Emmett himself; he was skinnier, though, as well as paler and with shaggy hair. He swung the door closed, just having enough open to peak a single eye through, seeing the cop uniform on the man.

"What do you want?"

"RJ, we need to talk," Emmett placed his hands on his hips.

"About?"

The officer shook his head, declaring, "I'm not here to arrest you for anything, so you can step outside. No search warrant. Nothing. Just want to talk." He held up his hands to show that he was not holding any weapon or handcuffs. Just a man there to have a conversation.

RJ sighed before shutting the door to unlock the chain lock at the top of the front door. He opened the door and quickly stepped outside, closing it behind him. He didn't wear a shirt, so the man crossed his arms over his miniscule pink nipples and sharp edged ribs sticking out just beneath his white skin.

"RJ, a man last night murdered a woman just up the road from here."

"And you think I have something to do with it?"

Emmett shook his head, confirming, "I just need to know what you gave him, man."

"What -"

"I don't want to have to take you in for questioning," Emmett had interrupted the dealer. "Just give me the information I need now to make it easier for the both of us." The man remained silent, staring down at the overgrown grass circling his teailer. Emmett urged, "Come on, your daughter's gonna be home soon. Don't want her to see you in the backseat of a cop cruiser again."

RJ let out a huff of air, giving in, "What's his name?"

"Kevin." RJ cocked a single thin brow at the man standing in front of him, whom simply replied, "Last name is unknown."

Robby Jay bit his bottom lip as he shrugged his bony shoulders and shook his head, "Sorry, I don't know who you're talking about. Maybe you should try asking someone else." The man turned around, reaching for his doorknob to head back inside.