2.9

This chapter is written in third person and not narrated through the cell phones. After this, there is only the epilogue left, which will be narrated again in cell phones.

I've never seen Darling before, so I don't really go into a ton of detail of the show, and I apologize for that. The final song from the show can be found on the side, and I recommend that you guys watch it to help you guys understand what's going on.

And I want to dedicate this little paragraph entirely to you guys; my readers. Firstly, this book reached 1.2K reads two days ago thanks to y'all and I just want to give you guys a HUGE thank you! When I first started this story, I thought it would just be a fun little writing expirement for me, but then, you guys started to acutally read the book and vote (and two of you beautiful readers even commented) and I just can't thank you guys enough for reading this story. Thank you for clicking on the link for whatever reason you did, and thank you for reading my book and enjoying it. It really means a lot to me and I just want y'all to know just how much I have, and still do, appreciate you. I love seeing that you guys give me feedback and when you vote or comment it absolutely makes my day! Even if what you've got to say is negative, I'm fine with that because I want to improve for you guys, because you deserve it. <3

Please don't forget to COMMENT or VOTE for this story if you've enjoyed it. :)
~M

******

Molly sat there in the auditorium, grinning like a banshee as she anxiously checked the time on her phone for the sixth time that minute. She couldn't help it, she had been waiting to see Darling since James had first told her about it. Peter Pan was always her favorite Disney movie and as she got older, she loved to read the book, and she quickly became obsessed with everything Peter Pan related. Her knee bobbed up and down and she was sure that to everyone around her she must have looked as though she were high, but Molly couldn't find it in her to care.

She checked her phone again, and saw that the show would start in seven minutes. Still grinning, she quickly typed up a text message to James, hoping that he would get it before he went on stage.

6:53 p.m.
break a leg! i'm sure you're going to do a great job as Peter! <3

After the message was sent, Molly turned off her phone and slipped it into her pocket. When the house lights dimmed, Molly was nearly bursting with excitement. She listened respectfully to the director as he gave his short speech about the show, and then when all of the house lights turned off, the music began.

Molly watched as the thick, blue velvet curtains opened and the stage lit up on a pretty girl with dark brown hair. She shut her book and began to sing, and Molly sat there, enchanted by all the sights and sounds on the stage.

As the first number ended, Molly applauded loudly and beamed, already enjoying the show. The show continued on and Molly sat there, intrigued by everything, and loved every moment of the show. And just when she thought that it couldn't get any better, Peter was introduced.

All of the oxygen was knocked right out of Molly's lungs and she felt as though she couldn't breathe.

She knew him. She knew-knew him. He was her biology lab partner. He sat in front of her in English. He was James. He was the James. Sure, Molly had talked to him before, and she was always friendly with him, it just had never occurred to her that that James could be this James.

When James began to sing, Molly could feel herself swooning over his dreamy voice. Yeah, she knew he could sing, but this...this was angelic.

When the show neared the end, Molly had tears in her eyes. She reached up and brushed a traitor tear off of her cheek as she gazed at the stage in sorrow.