3.0

➡ this is a fairly important thing to note about the story: this story was supposed to take place over the course of about half of Molly & James' senior year at high school, beginning in October and ending in April. this chapter takes place exactly four years after the performance of Darling (April 16th, for those of you who care), in their senior year of college.

Thank you so much for reading this story.
~M

***

Four years later...

5:12 p.m.

Molly: hey there handsome. ;)

James: hey beautiful. <3

Molly: guess what?

James: what?

Molly: i love you. <3

James: i love you too. <3

5:13 p.m.

James: meet me at the park by the oak tree in ten minutes.

Molly: okay....why?

James: just because. :)

5:26 p.m.

Molly: where are you?

James: turn around.

***

Molly turned around, the evening breeze blowing pieces of her hair into her face. When she faced where James was standing, she gasped and she felt her eys sting with unshed tears. She covered her mouth with her hand and she blinked furiously, trying to will away the tears.

"Molly Anetwood, I am truly and madly in love with you," James said from where he knelt on the ground. He gazed up at her with such love in his eys that Molly couldn't look away. "I love you and I don't want to live another moment without you, so will you please do me the honor of becoming my wife?" James reached into his pocket and pulled out a black velvet box and opened it to reveal the most beautiful ring Molly had ever seen.

Molly nodded her head, bringing her hand away from her face. "Yes," she said, her voice barely above a whisper. So she said it again, louder this time. And again, and again, and again, because she didn't know what else to say that would voice the symphony of thoughts inside her head.

James slipped the ring onto her finger and stood up, wrapping his arms around her. Molly immediately wrapped her own arms around his neck and James lifted her off the ground and spun her around. When her feet touched the earth again, he lowered his lips to hers for a kiss.

"You've made me the happiest man alive, Molly. I love you so much." he murmured against her mouth and she smiled and looked up into his eyes.

"I love you too. I love you and I can't wait to become your wife." she replied, every word coming straight from her heart.

***

The end. :')