17| Detective Kaidou and the Fall School Festival

School Morning

3rd Person P.O.V.

(Y/N) was speed walking  through the rain to catch up with the boys she had spotted ahead of her while wondering, 'Why haven't I unlocked any achievements lately?' 

She stopped just behind Saiki and matched their pace as Nendou greeted her. She waved and widened her eyes, thinking, 'No way...could it be that the author has run out of ideas?!' 

But her attention drifted from the author's lack of imagination to Kaidou's odd outfit today.

'Is that a top hat?' 

She blankly stared at him until he said,

"There is no mystery I cannot see through. For I am the Magic Eye Detective, Shun Kaidou!" Kaidou said first thing in the morning, as rain poured all over his black top hat.

(Y/N) scooted closer to him so that they were both under her umbrella, while he blushed and furiously looked all over the place, anywhere except the female student next to him.

Nendou stared at him and replied, "You stupid or something?" as she let out a laugh in the background, and covered her mouth to hide it.

"I don't want to hear that coming from you!" he retorted and looked towards the school, quickly gasping, "There's a commotion near the school doors!" and they all hurried, surprised to find the glass door broken.

'What happened?'  They thought in unison.

Kaidou approached Hairo who was tucking his umbrella away and asked for an explanation, acting the detective.

'Oh, he's acting like a detective...I thought he was a ringmaster...oops,' (Y/N) thought to herself while Saiki nodded his head in agreement. 

Kaidou shared his theory of what might have happened as (Y/N) held herself back from saying, "Super Deduction!" and instead studied the glass shards silently.

"Wait, Kaidou. It looks like it was broken from the inside," She said right after she realized that most of the shards were on the outside and pointed towards the floor where the broken pieces of glass were laying.

Hairo looked at the door and said, "Then Mr. Matsuzaki was the only one who could have broken it."

The girl tapped her chin in deep thought and frowned when she couldn't come up with a reason as to why the teacher would want to break the door.

Kaidou spied Takahashi out of the corner of his eyes, and then threw an accusing finger at him, yelling, "Takahashi is the perpetrator!"

They all looked at him in disbelief, waiting for proof before accusing Takahashi.

"You were mad at Matsuzaki for scolding you yesterday so you broke in from the door and stole the vase, then placed the shards outside to frame Mr. Matsuzaki!"

Later

Turns out, Takahashi accidentally broke the vase when he got startled by the teacher yelling at him. Mr. Matsuzaki allowed him to take it home and fix it as an apology and the reason he hadn't said anything was because he promised to apologize with him to the principal.

'Huh, so then why was the door broken?'

Saiki kneeled down to touch a shard, and the culprit was found.

'I apported a tennis ball for my umbrella yesterday because I forgot it at school. But the tennis ball got wedged in the umbrella rack in a precarious manner which caused it to go bouncing everywhere, hitting and breaking the door. I'm the culprit. I sincerely apologize...'