21| Exposed Delinquent

3rd Person P.O.V

As Kaidou walked to school, he encountered Aren who was standing in the middle of a narrow street. Not bothering to wonder about his odd posture, Kaidou was about to speak up until another voice beat him to it.

"Show some respect, kid! You think a simple 'sorry' is gonna fix it?"

Two older students threatened the dark violet-haired student, but he remained monotonous, something he probably picked up from observing a certain female.

"Now pay me 1 million yen to fix my arm!"

"You heard, pay up!"

Kaidou trembled at the thought of a fight breaking out, so as he ran for someone to help, he suddenly realized that he was someone who could also help.

Just as he was about to interrupt, he paused at the sight before him. 

'Huh?!'

Aren was holding one of the punks in the air with simply one arm as the other pleaded with him to bring him down.

"Let him go, you're going to kill him!"

Kaidou hurriedly hid behind a wall and rubbed his eyes to make sure he wasn't seeing things. Punches were heard, and when he turned back to look back, the two men who had threatened Aren were lying on the floor, most likely unconscious.

'W-What just happened? Is Kuboyasu a delinquent?!' Kaidou's thoughts immediately imagined the worst, and his walk towards school wasn't as calm as always. 

As Saiki observed from afar, he sighed as he could already foresee what these events would lead to.

'Good grief, another problem to ruin my day.'

-

As the bell rang, signaling the end of another class, a female voice spoke out.

"Oh, Aren. Did you manage to catch up with the reading for the next class?"

(Y/N)'s small figure approached the new addition to their class, and she was the first to strike a conversation. 

"A-Ah, yeah, um, I did! I think..." Aren replied, muttering the last bit.

He was surprised that the petite girl had been the first to approach him, and he subconsciously scratched the back of his head.

Kaidou was sitting in his seat, contemplating this morning's events when he saw his female friend talking to the supposed danger.

'No way! (Y/N) is talking to Kuboyasu! I should tell her ab-'

"What's up, little guy?" Nendou's words took the baby blue-haired boy by surprise, and he jumped in surprise.

"Don't scare me, you idiot!"

"Well, you can always come to me for advice, runt," Nendou's words weren't very believable to Saiki, but Kaidou hesitated and gave in.

"Well...Do you think that something is up with Kuboyasu?" Kaidou asked, not expecting (Y/N) and Kuboyasu to finish their conversation so soon.

"Huh? What about me??" Aren approached Nendou and Kaidou, scaring the blue-haired boy once more.

"N-Nothing important, s-sir!" Kaidou was afraid of what Aren might say, and because he had found out his secret, he tried to not act 'suspicious'.

"Man, he's weird, right?" Nendou casually leaned on Aren, as Kaidou panicked in fear of stirring Aren's rage.

"G-Get off him, Nendou!"

"What? Man, you sure are talking weir-Achoo!"

Nendou accidentally sneezed towards Aren's direction, causing his snot and germs to land on the delinquent's face. Kaidou's face paled, and he hurriedly reached for a tissue.