Night Out

'Gee, wake up.'

After having breakfast and a making out session inside the fort, they watched horror movies and Gerard ended up falling asleep. 'C'mon,' Frank said, excited. 'It's nine. You're safe.'

'Where are we going again?' he mumbled in his sleep.

'The club!'

'Oh, yeah.' He forgot he had promised Frank to go out with him, after he insisted Gerard needed to have some fun. He still didn't understand how someone as outgoing and sexy, and overall perfect as Frank could be attracted to someone like Gerard. Plain and boring.

They didn't even know each other that well, and Frank was already calling him boyfriend, and saying he had to show him off.

He seemed so excited and happy, and Gerard liked him a lot, and he didn't have the heart to tell him to slow down a little. But it felt too good to be true.

Since he didn't have any fancy clothes on him, Frank let him borrow one of his dad's suits that for some reason had ended up in his boxes when he moved out. 'Now you look like an actual vampire,' he said with a giggle. 'We should add some makeup.'

Gerard didn't protest, and just let his boyfriend put red eyeshadow on him, smearing it around his eyes with his thumb. I do look like a vampire now, he thought. 'But I don't want to scare people off.'

'It's not like they're actually going to think you are a real vampire. No one believes that shit.'

Frank stared at him a little too long, a proud smile on his face seeing the results of his work, as he finished the last details.

He was breathing a little too close, and Gerard didn't know if he was doing it on purpose, but he had to kiss him. A long, hungry kiss, his tongue licking his upper lip, moaning loud in his mouth. He had to stop himself before his instincts got the worst of him and he bit him. The last thing he wanted was to turn his boyfriend before he even knew what he did for a living and what was his favorite ice cream flavor. But there was something about Frank – his sweat, his breath, the taste of his lips – that just drove him mad.

It was as if an animalistic, wilder version of him took over his body, and he wanted, no needed more of Frank, and there was no way to stop him.

Then, they were in the couch, Frank's hands going up his back, while Gerard's explored under his boxer briefs. Frank's cock on his hand sent him over the edge, and thankfully, they were interrupted by the sound of keys opening the front door, or he'd be coming in his pants.

It was Bob.

'Eww,' he said when he found them half naked in the couch.

'Shut up, Bob!' they both yelled in unison, and then started giggling.

'Let's go,' Frank said, pulling up his pants, and getting up, Gerard following close behind.

***

The club was crowded as hell, the music was loud, and the pink and purple lights were blinding him. Did you know that vampires can have anxiety attacks, too? he wanted to ask his boyfriend, but he wouldn't be able to hear a word in this place. And he didn't know why, but he was more scared to tell him about his anxiety than about being a vampire.

He tried to take a deep breath as Frank dragged him to the dance floor, and kept his eyes on the floor until Frank leaned in to kiss him. 'I don't dance,' he said in his ear.

'I know, you told me already. But just relax, okay?' Ha! As if it was that easy. ' I'm here. Just focus on me.' He let Frank guide him, move him around and teach him a few steps, even though his coordination wasn't the best. All he wanted was to kiss him, hold him, and forget about everything else.

He hated that he couldn't get drunk, because he needed it so bad.

But he did as Frank told him, and focused on him. He hugged him and kissed his neck, hoping that would help. 'Are you okay?' Frank asked. 'You seem off.'

'Yeah, I'm –'

'You wanna go smoke?' They went to the alley in the back, and shared a precious cigarette. 'Everything okay?'

Gerard nodded. 'I just like spending time with you.'

'Me too, idiot.' How was he so adorable?

'So – we are boyfriends, right?' He nodded. 'And I feel like you know a lot about me. But I don't know anything about you.'

'Fine. What do you wanna know?'

'Anything. Everything.'

'Okay. I'm twenty-two. I work at this small record label. Divorced parents. I used to have a band with Bob and other people, but it didn't work, so I'm trying to get another band together. I dropped out from college.'

Gerard looked at him in awe. He suddenly realized there was a whole story behind his Frankie and he wanted to know more. So he asked. 'Favorite band?'

'The Misfits.'

'Favorite food.'

'My mom's lasagna.' And so on. They talked for a while, and somehow it made Gerard relax. He forgot about his anxiety. Once inside, they danced again. Though Gerard was more interested in sticking his tongue down Frank's tongue.

It almost brought him back to life, or at least that's how it felt. Frank's hands brushing his skin made him feel new things inside.

When he had him pinned against the bathroom door, gasping and asking for more, he felt better than when he drank gallons of blood. Frank was his drug.

Gerard got on his knees and sucked him off, swallowing him dry.

He tried to take off his shirt but Frank stopped him. 'Let's go back to my place.'

But Gerard couldn't keep his hands off him. They made out in the car some more, Gerard on top of him, licking his jaw and then his neck. He didn't even notice his fangs were out, brushing against Frank's neck. He heard him breathing faster under him. 'Bite me. Go ahead.'

Gerard had to stop himself. He sat up, holding in the tears. 'I can't.'

'I'm not afraid of you,' Frank said, reaching for his hand. 'I just want you to know that.'

'I can't,' he repeated, getting away from him. 'I can't. I'm sorry.'

Frank put an arm around him and comforted him. 'It's fine. I know you would never. You're literally the purest soul I've ever met, and that's why I like you so much.'

'Can you take me home, please?'

'Did I –'

'No, you didn't do anything wrong. I'm just not feeling well.'

'But you promise me to call me and let me know how you're doing?' Gerard nodded, and Frank kissed his forehead. 'I really care about you, just so you know.'

'I know. Me too. And that's why I'm trying to protect you.'