2. The Archmage Returns

S1E2 The Archmage Returns

COLD OPEN

ST. AUGUSTINE, FLORIDA

"I still don't believe it." Amos had just explained to Tom that he was the new Archmage, whatever that is.

"And after that," Amos wasn't gonna stop to explain. "I stopped this woman from getting mugged. So I guess I'm a superhero too."

Tom just looked at Amos. He was sitting at his desk with his PC on and working on some kind of website building tool. The dorm itself was about the size of a simple bedroom. With two twin sized beds and two desks. Amos was also holding The Knotted Staff in his hand.

"And how does all this tie into that?" Tom pointed at his computer.

"Oh," Amos put the staff down for a while. "I'm building a website so I can help people with their supernatural problems." Amos got back to work on the website. "Kinda like the Ghostbusters."

"Ha." Tom laughed as he got back to his collage on his Mac. ""No one'll ever use it."

"Just you wait, Tom." Amos sported an arrogant grin. "They'll come."

In a converted warehouse, the only noise that pierced the darkness was the ruffling of pages as Owen Stanley drove through his books with one objective in mind.

"The Archmage..." He growled as he gave up on books and turned to his computer. After a quick web search he had found just what he was looking for.

The Theme Song, a glorious merging of John Williams and Ron Wasserman, plays.

ARCHMAGE
Created by Seth Campbell

THE ARCHMAGE RETURNS
Written by Seth Campbell

PART ONE

Back at their dorm; Amos, now done with his website, was explaining the finer points of magic to Tom.

"It's all about your perception." Amos didn't see any harm in giving Tom a crash course.

"So then all your magic's a complete mishmash of pretentious idiocy." Amos just rolled his eyes as a ding came from his computer. "What was that?" Tom was now curious as Amos checked what was up.

"The website got a hit." Neither Amos nor Tom could believe that.

"That fast?" Amos was copying down the address onto a slip of paper.

"Some guy on the island has a poltergeist in his bedroom." Amos lept from his chair and rushed into his closet with a wad of clothes in tow.

After a few thumps and bumps' Amos exited now clad in a costume consisting of: A long-sleeved white shirt, a gray vest, black pants, black boots, a burgundy cloak, and Red Baron goggles to hide his identity.

"Whad'ya think?" Tom just stared at Amos.

"I'm divided between making a 'coming out of the closet' joke or just that you look ridiculous." Amos just lowered his eyebrows in dissapointment.

"Ha ha." Amos grabbed his staff, jumped out of the window, and was off. (cloaking himself from view as he sped off into the distance)

Over out on Anastasia Island, Amos was looking around a Spanish style bedroom. While he quietly observed his surroundings, a man entered.

"So, have you done this kind of thing before?" Amos briefly stopped looking to address the man.

"Nope," Amos got back to work. "You're my very first client."

"Well," The man's sense of dread dissipated for but a moment. "It's mostly around the bed." He slowly crept away from the bed as he talked. "I've been hearing things, seeing things, and I was attacked last night. Now I don't know how you intend to stop that thing, but I want it gone and out of my life."