Chapter 20

"Are you sure doc?" Ink asks in pure shock

"Are you sure doc?" Ink asks in pure shock. Sydney remained quiet while seated at the examination table.

"Yes, I'm very sure. I even tested it multiple times" doc expression was completely different from Ink and Sydney's.

"So with that being said the list for antidepressants has shortened. I'll be giving you what's called an SSRI drug. It has is had fewer side effects and is safer for your case." Doc types away on his laptop as he explains what medicine Sydney will be able to take.

Sydney was still in shock, she had her arms wrapped around herself with Ink standing next to her. Her head was spinning with a billion thoughts, a headache in the making.

"Sydney?"

"Hmm? Sorry, what....what did you say" Sydney snaps out of her thoughts and turns her attention back to the Doc.

"I asked if this medication was okay with you? Are you feeling okay right now? You've gone extremely pale" doc gets up from his head and walks over to Sydney. He noticed how flushed and clammy her skin was.

"Just..just a little lightheaded and nauseous"

"Here lay back." Doc helps Sydney lay down on the examination table. He was worried this was more severe than they all expected.

Once doc gets her laid back, he rushed over to the cabinet and grabs an emesis bag. "I think it's best we take this to one of the rooms. I want to look further into what's causes the excessive vomiting"

Ink takes the emesis bag from doc and holds it up for Sydney. He got it to her just in time. She was grabbing onto the bag within seconds of him holding it.
-
Sydney was now hooked up to an IV and laying in one of the medical beds. She hated being hooked up to those styles of things but she was too sick to fight.

Ink was laying in the recliner next to her bed. They had been in there for a few hours. Doc had been in and out since then. He would ask a few questions and go back out.

Every time Sydney moved she felt like the room would start spinning which would lead to her vomiting. Ink would jump up every time he heard her about to get sick.

"I'm sorry, baby. I wish I could make this go away" ink says for the millionth time. He hated watching her double over in pain.

"I know" Sydney's voice was weaker than before. She had lost so much energy and strength and the last few hours.

"Doc should be back soon. He said he was sure he knows what is wrong" ink took was the emesis bag and set it aside. He then grabs the washcloth and starts wiping her face off.

"How are you feeling? You know about the other situation." They hadn't spoken about it since doc confirmed it.

" I'm scared. I don't know anything about it and then me being sick makes me worry even more" she sighs as the stress started to build.

"Alright, baby. Let's not talk about it right now. Your heart rate spiked" ink set the washcloth down before leaning down and kissing her forehead.

"We are going to be okay, I'm going to make sure of it"
-
"I have some good news and bad news which would you like to hear first" doc walks into their room after knocking. Ink stood from his seat and walked closer to Sydney.

"Bad news first" Sydney wanted to go ahead and get the worst part over. She wasn't ready but it needed to be said.

"You have something called Hyperemesis Gravidarum. This is a severe type of nausea and vomiting. It's is not very common but it can happen." Doc speaks as he walks over and checks her IV and fluids.

"It's can cause severe dehydration, fatigue, and lightheadedness. In most cases, weight loss. We will keep you on fluids and keep up your electrolytes." This is definitely not something Sydney was expecting to hear. They weren't really sure how to react.

"What's the good news?" Ink was so ready for some good news after that.

"As long as we keep you healthy with you having Hyperemesis Gravidarum, the baby should be completely fine" ink and Sydney sighed in relief as much they were still in shock about the pregnancy.

"Thank you doc. Do..do you know how long she will be in here?" Ink was now holding on to Sydney's hand.

"Weeks, maybe months. It all depends on how long this continues." Doc started writing down her vital signs as he spoke then clipped her chart to the end of the bed.

"So you're saying my first trimester with basically be in the hospital?" She felt the sadness wash over though she would stay in the hospital as long she needed to keep the baby safe.

"I'm sorry, it's a possibility. We will make you as comfortable as possible. We, Will, talk about more options depending on your progress." Doc was standing at the end of her bed with his hands in the pockets of the coat.

"Is there is a way we can eventually move her to our room? She is gonna be here a while. I want her and the baby comfortable" ink was determined to find any way he and the brothers can help her.

"We will have to see. I can't make any promises as of right now. It's too early to say this or that. Well, I will leave y'all be. I'll have a nurse come around a check on you every hour or so." Doc nodded and made his way out of the room. Leaving Sydney and Ink alone in silence.

"What are we going to do, Caven? A...a child and this!" Sydney was getting herself worked. The lightheadedness and sick feeling started to surface again.

"Okay, okay. Baby. Shit!" Ink rushes over to her with the emesis bag. All he could do was hold her hair up and rub her back. He knew this was going to their life for a while.