|12|TEN|12|

"I love you. I'll never forget about you my one, my only. I'll continue to make sure your kids make it somewhere. Wish it was me and not you. They need you." Octavia said as she laid a yellow rose on her daughters casket.

The kids watched grandma from afar as the dads went around greeting and grieving with old friends and family they've been introduced to over the years.

"Tissue?" This lady in an orange hoodie and white pants asked.

Nick took a piece out the box and blew his nose. They all took a piece except for Taymor. He wiped his face on his sleeve and mugged the lady. "How you knew my Momma?" He asked.

"It's a long one"

"That we're willing to hear" Taymor said as he leaned on the tree.

"Later" Octavia said as she strolled over to the children. "Why don't you come to the cookout, we'd like to have you" she continued.

"Come on kids, back to the circle"
________________
"I don't want no potato salad. Just chicken, greens and beans" Nick said as he sat on the couch.

"Somebody clean this living room up before people start coming. It's almost 3 o clock. Boys, help us in the back" Jayceon says as he grabbed a teddy bear from off the floor.

Taymor, Kentrell and Cordae head to the backyard along with Jayceon, Twan and Tishawn.

"Y'all think we can finish this in time?" Twan said as he pulled the lawnmower from the shed. "Hope this old piece of shit works" he continues

"Shid we should, the grill don't take that long to clean and get going. Aye Cordae go make sure your grandmother took all the right meat out and if she took the steaks out put them joints back in the freezer. That's too much cooking."

"Why the hose not working?" Taymor asked as he inspected the nozzle.

"Damn um you gotta turn that yellow nozzle to the right that's in the basement. The one next to the dryer" Tishawn said as he took his shirt off.

"Oh yeah forgot about that"
____________________
"STOP YOU GETTING ME WET THE FUCK" Keisha yelled as she swings at Jahseh

"Oouuu I'm telling. You cursinggggg" Jahseh mocked as he sprayed her one more time before he ran away.

While Keisha ran after him, Nick was too busy feeding his face and laughing at them.

"HE GOT A GLIZZYY!" Cordae yelled as all eyes looked in his direction.

Jay sucked his teeth and went back into the house as some people laughed him out.

"Tell him bring me one with some ketchup on it. Me and my son gone be glizzy-ologists together" Jayceon joked as he sipped on his wine.
___________________

"Before we show the slideshow I just wanna thank everyone for coming and thank you for the nice cards and gifts you gave my grandchildren. I wanna thank the baby daddies for this awesome food and thank god for making this a cool sunny day. Thank god it didn't rain." Octavia laughed
"We are all going to miss her. Everything about her. Now, what you've all been waiting for. The slideshow" she continued

Before it even started many people shed a tear. Nick, Taymor, Kentrell, Keisha, Jahseh, Cordae, Jay, Taylor and Zion all got out of their seats and went into a group hug and yelled, " E4MA" as tears streamed down their faces.

The dads got up and joined the group hug.

"E4Tina" Twan whispered
________________
As people started to leave the dads started cleaning the backyard with Taymor and Kentrells help.

"Sleep over?" Jayceon suggested

"Shit I'm down. Ain't nobody at my house" Twan joked

Tishawn laughed and agreed.

"Sure. I wasn't planning on going home til 5 am anyways. Got work at 11" Tyrone said as he rolled the trash can by the stairs.

"We can finally teach the boys how to play a little poker" Jayceon laughed
_______________
5 am was almost reaching as Tyrone got up to use the restroom when he overheard Taymor on the phone.

"So you're saying 16 years ago my dad was a malicious drug dealer with a side job that hid it all? Wow, I wonder if my Mom knew about any of this. Too late to ask." Taymor let's out a deep sigh as his bed creeks, signaling that he sat down. "Without my Moms input on my dad or on anything relatable, it's going to be hard to figure this all out without finding Dwayne. Let me know when y'all talk Ard. Ima hit you later. Ima try to get some zees in" Taymor continued as he laid down.

Tyrone continued to the bathroom wondering if Taymor was in trouble or not. He's about to go digging into some deep shit.

Tyrone walked backed to the room after using the bathroom and grabbed his jacket, keys and shoes. He headed out the door after he checked all the rooms to see if everybody was still sleeping soundly.

With that, he left. Heading home to go to sleep in his own bed.

____________________

"If you can just hear me out. Protection. That's all I have to say"

__________________

Next part coming soon. I hope you're all doing good, I know I am!

Can you guess who's trying to protect themselves and their loved ones?