Chapter Eleven

"Has anyone seen Barry?" I asked, walking into the cortex to see Caitlin and Cisco turn their heads, shrugging.

I looked around, noticing that the fake paralyzed doctor was no where to be found. "Wells?" I called out as Caitlin looked over at Cisco.

"Haven't seen him either since Barry left." I groaned, sitting down in the spinning chair in front of the desk.

"Guess I'll just be sitting, waiting... wishing" I sang quietly, starting to hum to the song of Jack Johnson that began to play in my head.

Cisco rose a brow at me, snapping me out of the mini concert. "Sorry." I mumbled before leaning over the keyboard, typing something in.

"Cora. I need you to come see this." Cisco said as I looked up from the computer, yelping as I shot up, looking at Danton Black.

"CISCO WHAT THE HELL?! WHY IS HE- just... standing there?" I said as I walked over, raising a brow.

"It's a replica Caitlin and I made." Cisco said as he walked over to the desk, grabbing his phone.

"I know, I need you at S.T.A.R. Labs right now. Its not okay. Danton Black. He's here-"

In an instant, Barry was here, grabbing me and taking me outside of the Cortex.

"Wha- BARRY!" I yelled, running back in and scowling at the tall speedster, hitting him in the arm.

"That's not him, is it?" Barry said, hissing when I hit him, holding his bicep.

"It's one of his replicates." Caitlin said with a grin.

"H-how did you get him?" Barry asked, intrigued by the situation.

"I grew him." Caitlin said with an even bigger grin.

"I isolated a sample of Black's blood from your suit to see if I could trigger the in vitro cultivation process and learn how Black multiplies." She continued as I raised my brows, not understanding a word she said.

"So, I exposed the target cells to a protein gel and they began replicating into that."

"So... Why is he-it , just standing there? Doing nothing?" I asked as Caitlin shrugged, pressing her lips together.

"We did a brain scan. Involuntary motor functions are active. Little else." Caitlin answered as Cisco piped in.

"We think it's acting as a receiver."

"The clones are an empty she'll without Black." Caitlin said as I made an understanding face.

"So, if we get the real black, we might get them all? Like we knock him out, the rest will go down with him?" I asked as Caitlin and Cisco nodded.

"Easy enough." I shrugged.

"How do we know which one is Black?" Barry asked as I pointed at him.

"That occured to me when you kept passing out." Caitlin said, walking over to the replicate. "black has limits, just like you. Controlling all of those clones must require a substantial amount of energy and physical strength." Caitlin said as Ciaco tossed Barry a bar.

"Whippedup those high calorie protein bars for you to keep your metabolism up." He said with a slight wink.

"Ungh-" Caitlin and I yelled as the replicate started to move, Barry jumping in front of me in case the replicate started attacking.

I yelped, pressing my hands over my ears at the sound of a gunshot, turning to see Joe, who had just killed the replicate.

"Any more of them?" He asked as Caitlin went stiff, shaking her head.