Chapter Twenty-Nine

I sat in my apartment, staring at my hands, which had been back to normal since I left S.T.A.R. Labs, where I left Iris.

Now she knows I'm a meta. Perfect.

I scoffed loudly, rolling my eyes. SHES probably somewhere with her dad yelling at him about not telling her about Barry, saying how "I could have helped you guys."

She's going to make herself team leader, isn't she? Yeah I'm not letting that happen. Barry chooses who the team leader is. And I have a feeling it'll be Cisco or me.

Iris has no right. I love her, but she can't throw herself into something we've been doing perfectly for a year without her.

I felt my hands burn, watching as they turned from white to red.

There was a rush of wind, my hands returning to normal as quickly as they appeared. "Barry knock next time!" I said as I slammed my hands down.

"Sorry. It's just um. . . Iris said you got angry at her." I rolled my eyes, crossing my arms.

"'Course she did. I have every right to be angry at her. She shouldn't be mad at you because you kept being the Flash from her. You did it for a good reason, she needs to understand that."

"That's not what I meant. She said that-" I cut Barry off again.

"She said what? That, I have known you for less, and that you trusted me with your secret?" I said as Barry closed his mouth. I got my answer.

"Of course she said that. You know, I care about Iris and her safety, but I have more experience in the medical and science field than she does. She writes a blog about you, Barry." I said with a glare out the window. I didn't dare to look at Barry. I didn't want him to see how angry I was at the girl he lived with since he was 11.

"Cora. She could help us-"

"No she can't Barry! Iris got in the way several times. She put herself at risk for her blog. For fucks sake, she almost got herself killed once!" I yelled before my eyes widened, slapping a hand over my mouth as Barry's mouth dropped.

"She what?!"

"Jesus, Barry. She nearly got herself killed trying to figure out how Danton Black multiplied. I had to go out and save her because you were in Starling talking to Oliver!" I said as Barry ran a hand through his hair.

"Barry. For the sake of Iris's safety, keep her away from STAR Labs. She's just going to end up getting killed." I repeated for what felt like the thousandth time.

I was tired of telling everyone Iris was just putting herself in more danger. Barry sighed, dropping his head as he nodded.

"Look. I'm sorry I'm being harsh about Iris and making it sound like I hate her at the moment, but I'm doing it because I know you love her-"

"As a sister." Barry said as I rolled my eyes.

"You know what I mean. I'm only being harsh because I care about her to and don't want her putting herself in danger." I said as I walked up to Barry, wrapping my arms around his neck, his hands instinctively gripping my hips.

"I know. I know." He said as I looked into his eyes, forcing a weak smile. I rolled onto the tips of my toes, giving Barry a peck on the lips before resting my head on his shoulder.

Barry's phone rang, quickly answering it. "I just got a call from Joe. The Central City Gold Reserve is about to transport $300 million in gold bars to their Coast City vault." Barry said as my eyes widened.

"Do you think the man in the Mask is gonna try and go for it?" I asked as Barry shrugged.

"I-I dont know. But we-" Barry leaned down, giving me a long kiss before bolting to the door. "Will finish that later." Before he left, Barry gave me a quick wink, zooming over and grabbing before dashing out of my apartment.