Chapter Twelve

"Okay so, what do you think about Carry?" Cisco said as I sipped on my Big Belly Burger cherry soda, raising a brow.

"Carry? Like the movie?" I said as I sipped once more, Cisco shaking his head.

"No. Carry. Cora and Barry together! A ship!" He said as my eyes widened. I inhaled, turning and spitting out my soda, coughing viciously.

"CISCO! What the hell?!" I yelled as he frowned at me.

"You guys are cute together!"

"We've only known each other for only, barely, a month!" I shot back as Cisco's frown stayed.

"Actually. If we are counting February as a month, then you two have known each other for a month." Cisco said as I glared at him, the monitors beeping.

I pulled out my phone, dialing Barry. "Barry?"

"Cora? I'm with Iris-"

"Bad man with a gun on Waid Boulevard. Hurry!" I said as I knew Barry thought about running off or staying with his best friend.

I heard a whoosh, a smirk on my face as I leaned back in my chair, sipping on my soda, turning to look at the soda that I spit onto the floor.

"Do we have a janitor?" I asked as Cisco nodded. "You should call him in."

I frowned as I heard muffled talking, looking at my phone. I sighed, standing up and walking out of the cortex for a minute, holding my phone to my ear.

"Barry you're still on-"

"You should ask Cora to dinner, Barry." I heard Iris say as I stopped, frowning.

"But-What if she says no? I mean we've only known each other for a month, it's not like we both like each other." Barry told Iris, unaware that I was still on call with him.

"Barry. I can't even remember the last time you had a girlfriend. And have you not seen Cora? She's literally perfect for you! You two are both super dorky, and nerdy and stuff, and you guys would be cute together!" Iris said, trying to push Barry as I smiled lightly, biting my lip.

"Iris I- I'm not going to ask her out to dinner. It's too early in our friendship and I want to get to know her more before I do."

"The only way you'd get to know her was if you two went out on a date!" Iris said as the phone muffled, hearing the two say goodbye.

I frowned before I smiled, looking at my phone before hanging up. I walked back into the cortex, where Cisco and Caitlin were chatting.

"Hey guys. I'm gonna get going. I got work with Barry in the morning." I said as they both smiled at me.

"Goodnight Cora." The two said in unison as we all waved goodbye to one another. I grabbed my coat and soda, walking out of star labs to my car.

Once I got home, I immediately collapsed into the couch, setting my sofa down as I shut my eyes, a smile on my face.

I heard an aggressive whoosh, my heart practically stopping and running out of my chest as I shot up, looking around in fear.

"Please don't be him again..." I mumbled as I stood up, my socked feet touching the cold wood. I grabbed the vase off the table, holding it up as a way to protect myself.

I looked to where I had seen a red light coming from, my bedroom. I slowly opened the door, looking to see Barry turn around and face me. I sighed in relief, dropping my arms.

"Jesus Barry you scared the hell out of me." I said as he put his hands in his pockets, looking nervous. I set the vase down on my tv stand, raising a brow at him as I crossed my arms.

"Why are you here so late? More importantly... how did you find out where I live?" I asked as he chuckled awkwardly, rubbing the back of his neck.

"You know I live with a cop... I have my ways." He said as I rolled my eyes, leaning on my desk.

"What is it? You seem nervous." I pointed out as his cheeks flushed. He smiled weakly for a moment before he started to stammer.

"I was um- was w-wondering if you- you know if you wanted to-"

"Barry. Use your words." I joked as he forced out a scared laugh.

"I was wondering if... you wanted to maybe go out for dinner?" He said as I froze, my eyes widening.

Is this a dream? I heard what Barry had told Iris. It has to be a joke, right?

"I- What?" I said as Barry's look of slight confidence faded.

"M-Maybe I shouldn't have asked-"

"No! No no Barry I-" I hesitated for a moment before I smiled. "I would love to." I answered as his confidence was regained, a smile on his face.

I noticed a split second in time where everything froze for a mere moment, and Barry was now slightly, very slightly, closer than before.

"Did you just use your Flash Time thing?" I asked as Barry's eyes widened.

"Flash Time?" He asked, raising a brow.

"It's a power that me and Cisco discovered you had when we first tested you. Kinda assumed you already knew about it." I said as Barry crossed his arms, nodding.

"Yeah.. yeah I did.." he said quietly as I smirked, quirking a brow.

"Why'd you use it?" I asked as you could practically hear Barry's heart skip a beat at the question.

"No reason. No reason at all."

And then he was gone.