10 | Rum and Coke

I was going to kill Tatum. How she managed to arrange a night out with Dante Brown is beyond me, and I was shaking at the thought of it.

I had rushed home after sending her a vague response of a text back. I wanted to back out so bad. Wanted to come up with some excuse, but I knew that'd raise more questions than anything. So here I was, sitting on my bed, deciding what the fuck I was expected to wear.

My head was spinning with the thought of going out tonight. Soon for that matter. I was expected to meet Tatum out front of my complex at 9:30, and it was currently 8. Now I'm no girl to get all dolled up... but why did I feel the need to do so tonight? It couldn't be the fact a certain billionaire was to be there could it? If so, then I'd definitely not go out of my way.

That's why I'm sitting here learning how to do eyeliner and apply a red lip effortlessly. Because I'm not trying to prove a point. No.

I curled my hair, it's length cascading to my mid back. I had decided on an all black club dress. Or whatever dress it was, I had found it in the back of my closet.

The red lips were the hardest, but I'm pretty sure I'd get self conscious mid way through the night and take it off. So I'll put up for it now.

I was in my bathroom finishing getting ready, when my phone dinged from the dining room. I ran out to grab it seeing Tatum sent me a text;

Tatum: Rodney just picked me up, we'll be there in 10 ;)

"Shit," I rushed back to the bathroom to finish off final touches. Fluffing my hair and wiping the excess eyeliner from under my eye. I retouched the red lip that was sure to come off, and then grabbed my black heels.

Grabbing my clutch by the door, I made sure to double check I had my keys and sped to the ground level to meet Tatum. My heart was beating fast as I rushed down the front steps. Nervous on who would be in the car, nervous on who I'd see. Would Dante be with Rodney? Would I have to pretend the second I stepped in the car?

"GET IN babes!" Came the shrilling voice of my best friend from the arriving all black SUV. I smiled at her excited form and climbed in the back seat.

I took note of no one else in the back, meaning it was just Rodney up front. Instantly, my heart slowed and my anxiety eased slightly.

"Hello, Amelia... nice to see you again," said Rodney from the front seat. I met his eyes through the rear view mirror and gave a small smile.

"Rodney said his friend is gonna meet us there, you won't be third wheeling the whole night," my best friend said as she turned to me in the back sending me a wink.

"Nice." I gave a tight lipped smile.

"Girl you look HOT tonight! That red lip... men will be addicted!" She screeched and turned her head back to the front seat.

Rodney met my eyes again through the rear view mirror with a smirk on his lips. I narrowed my eyes back at him and turned to look out the mirror. Some random pop songs were playing as we made our way to the club. Before I knew it we were pulling up front.

"If you ladies want to make your way in, I'll get this parked and meet you at the table," came Rodney's voice as he turned towards the two of us.

Tatum smiled at him and reached over giving him a kiss on the cheek.

"Thank you," she said with a sultry voice giving him a wink. I noticed his cheeks grew with color and he cleared his throat turning away.

Watching them two I only hoped it was all real, and wasn't some sick way of keeping an eye on me. Rodney better not be going along with this for Dante's sake, because if that's the case there is no way I'll be letting this little game keep going.