12 | Memorable

My body was in flames.

"I guess I just couldn't stay away," he said as he hugged his body to mine. My hands still firmly planted upon his chest, keeping a firm yet wanted distance between us.

What was that supposed to mean? That he couldn't stay away. Was it about the deal, about needing to check up on my end, or was it more?

"You need to let go of me Dante." I said back to him while looking up at him through my shield of hair that fell to my face.

He scanned my face and I knew at that moment that my words said one thing but my eyes meant the opposite, but still he dropped his hands and took a step back.

Seriously? Who plays a slow song at the club? Doesn't that defeat the whole purpose of the club. But as I listened to the vulgur lyrics I realized it wasn't only a slow song, but an erotic one at that. I shivered.

His body was so close', and my senses were consumed by all he was. His broad frame in front of me and his shaggy yet perfectly thrown together hair nestled the side of my face and neck. After he took a step back I dropped my hands from his chest, relaxing them by my side. His hands flexed out as if it was killing him not to touch me in some way.

"If I properly ask you for a dance, will you let me hold you?" I took in his words considerably and toyed with the possibility of saying yes. I should say no, in fact I have to say no for my sanity. But am I going to say yes anyway.

Answering his question I stepped forward slowly, tempting him to bring his arms to my waist. I shuddered as his hands found my body again, but this time at my own will and not with possessiveness. The press of his fingertips ingrained in my sides and mind.

"This is quite inappropriate of you, especially with your undeniable flirting with Mads." I said to him as he swayed us in small circles. My eyes barely reached over his shoulder so I could get a look at the scene behind him. My eyes scanning the bar for poor Mads, luckily she was nowhere to be found. Hopefully she went to the bathroom.

"Nothing inappropriate about sharing a dance, Amelia," he said while lifting his head now from my shoulder and meeting my eyes again. A teasing smirk eased upon his face.

"That is unless you'd like it to be." I watched as his eyes roamed my body, not caring I could clearly see him assessing me.

"I would like to never have become acquainted with you Dante Brown." I tease with a coy smile. Expressing the never with the bitter tone of my voice. His eyes met mine again and darkened a few shades.

"And you think I enjoy having someone see something out of context, something that could easily damage my reputation," he said, eyes narrowing and both hands resting on my waist. Studying him I noticed how it truly affected him that I walked in that day. I knew it was most likely because he'd want to protect his perfect reputation, but I could only feel as though it was more than that.

"You could have easily told the story behind the out of context situation, Dante. And we could've avoided all of this," his hands tightened around my waist and his eyes burned with something.

"I don't expect strangers to stumble upon something they shouldn't see, especially strangers who clearly have made up their mind on the type of person they think I am," he seethed. And with that dropped his grip around my waist. Taking a step back he looked down, clenching his jaw. I assessed his face, noticing his flirty demeanor drop and his arrogant self rise.

"Maybe you should've thought about that before throwing your fists at someone behind an unlocked door," I said back. Keeping my head leveled with his and taking a step back towards him, leaving an inch of space between us.