14 | Printer

It was only a Monday night.

My head had not stopped spinning since I entered my apartment just minutes before. I made it to my room before crashing. I was so worn out both physically and mentally.  I couldn't explain to myself why I felt the way I did towards Dante. The kiss was a mistake. It had to be, it couldn't actually be anything more than that.

He was a force that blew into my life. I had yet to ask him to explain himself on what happened the night we met, and for that I was a coward. Was I afraid it'd be justified? And all this time hating and loathing Dante Brown was actually for nothing?

No.

It wasn't for nothing. He still found the need to scare me, to use me and my past against me and for that I still held a grudge no matter the reason.

My eyes were heavy and a headache was settling in as I got up to shower before bed. It was only 11:30, we had barely been there for more than two hours and a whirlwind of craziness managed to happen. I stepped into the shower, relishing in the burning pelting of the water. Washing away the night under the heat of the shower head.

As I finished my shower, and settled in for the night I could only think about what was to happen the next time I was expected to see Dante. It made my stomach turn.

____________________________________

When the morning finally rolled around, it was like trying to step out of quicksand. My body was heavy and the small headache from the night before was a raging one at that. I squinted my eyes as I sat up and set out to grab some medicine to stop the pain.

After gathering enough strength and power to get myself ready for work, I headed out to catch a cab ride to work.

Stepping outside, I noticed a slight chill in the air and pulled my light cardigan closer to my body. Scanning the street in front of me searching for those yellow cars. I couldn't help but drift back to last night, when I'd done just the same but instead entered an SUV with Dante Brown. Maybe that wasn't the best decision I've ever made, but I doubt it'll be the last.

Waving a taxi down, I was lucky enough the driver spotted me on the side of the road and was able to pull over to let me in.

Once in the taxi I gave the kind man the address and pulled out my phone.

I never responded to Tatum's text.

Me: Hey, sorry I never answered... What do you mean dance partner?

Playing dumb was the road I intended to take. I was about to put my phone away when I received a text back. Girl was quick.

Tatum: I call BS! You were dancing with Dante Brown!! And Mads said she saw you two getting hot and heavy by the bathrooms... YOU HAVE so much to explain.

Shit..

Me: It was a mistake.

Tatum: Mistake my ass, I'm coming over tonight to discuss and you better not lie to me. I want all the details!!

Me: I guess I saw that one coming, see you tonight.

And then she sent me the middle finger emoji.

A woman of many words...

Arriving at my building, I stepped outside, thanking and paying the driver. Walking up to the front doors of my publishing company, I stepped inside savoring the warmth and relief from the harsh chills of outside. It was only starting to get colder but I already hated it. Passing Ellie I gave her a smile and headed to my desk to start the day. At least today I didn't have to worry about the program after work, and could focus on my tasks without cutting them short to leave early.