Chapter 3

🔮 Vote and comment 🔮

-

Diana Bennett POV

"Long time, no see, Bon-Bon," a dark haired man smirked at Bonnie. I felt her tense up as his electric blue eyes flashed to me. "Who's the new witch?" He asked pointedly.

I didn't like how much these people affected Bonnie. I hadn't seen her this on-edge the whole time I'd been here, and while I hadn't been here long, I could sense the death that surrounded these...creatures.

"What's it to you, day walker?" I piped up. Bonnie glanced to me and back to the group.

"We're not here to threaten anyone," the lighter-haired boy with green eyes stepped forward beside Mr. Blue Eyes.

"And here I was hoping for a reason to drain the magic from your little rings," I quipped, with a smirk of my own.

A brunette stepped forward between the two day walkers and scoffed. "Bonnie, who even is that?"

"Chill, human. I can speak for myself," I said, tugging at Bonnie before she could respond.

"Go on, then, love. We're all curious," another voice chuckled. A chill went down my spine. I would know that voice anywhere. It haunted my nightmares. Klaus Mikaelsson, the original hybrid.

I swallowed and took an instinctive step back. "Salvum murum," I whispered, putting a protective barrier around Bonnie and me.

"Curiouser and curiouser," a younger vampire, blond, stepped beside him. Kol, another original.

"Bonnie," a freshly turned curly blonde vampire warped forward, only to be thrown back when she came into contact with the barrier. She groaned, but pulled herself up quickly. "Seriously? A protection spell?" she scoffed. "Bonnie, I thought we were friends," she whined.

I glanced at Bonnie, who just stared on at the group with a clenched jaw. I snorted, some friends. I was prepared to lower the shield, but looking at my sister, feeling the pain and betrayal ebbing from her, I quickly released the thought. "Come on, Bon. I can keep them out for as long as you like," I promised her.

She nodded and bit her bottom lip, her eyes filling with tears.

As we turned to walk back into the house, another voice echoed through. "Wait, Bon," I turned to see yet another blond approaching the shield. He was human. "I'm just here to check on you. I saw the smoke coming from your house and just wanted to make sure you were okay."

"I'm fine, Matt. Just go home," she said, not turning back to look at the poor sap.

He continued to step forward. "I wouldn't do that if I were you, human. This barrier keeps you out, too," I warned.

"We just wanna talk to Bonnie. After Ms. Sheila...passed...we didn't know what to say. Or how long to wait before checking in. O-or even if she wanted us to check in at all," he pleaded, stopping in his tracks.

"Bonnie isn't ready to talk to you, yet. Real friends would respect that," I replied, with emphasis.He nodded, his blue eyes glittering with tears, before turning back.

"We'll wait as long as you need, Bonnie," the blonde that had been thrown by the barrier spoke up. "Let's go guys, she's safe. When she's ready, we'll come back."

"Thanks, Care," Bonnie whispered, her voice breaking as a tear streamed down her face.

"That's all well and fine, but the witch and I aren't friends. In fact, we're closer to enemies. But I had hoped to reconcile our differences today," Klaus stepped closer, sending more chills down my spine.

"Any enemy of Bonnie's is an enemy of mine. And you don't want an enemy like me," I said, boldly. Luckily, my voice didn't portray the fear flowing from my heart. It wasn't Klaus I feared. It was his link with Marcel. If Klaus ever remembered my time in New Orleans, both Bonnie and I could be in real danger.

"Do you know who you're talking to, littler witch?" yet another original stepped forth. The girl one...what was her name? Marcel was so tight lipped about her, but it was obvious they had history.

"Part of the Mikaelson family? Sure. Is that supposed to scare me?"

Kol perked up with a chuckle. "What did you say your name was, again?" He smirked, amused.

"I didn't. You all should leave. A lightening storm is coming," I said, ushering Bonnie back into the house just as thunder rumbled from the ground.

"Di, are you doing that?" Bonnie gasped, looking around.

"What? It's for dramatic effect," I shrugged.

"Di? As in Diana?" Klaus bellowed out, his voice filled with amusement.

Oh, no. He remembered. My spell didn't work. I cringed, biting my bottom lip, and closed my eyes. I took a deep breath before turning back to face him. The groups that had headed back to their vehicles stopped, now watching as I approached the edge of the barrier where the hybrid stood, smirking.

"So, you know," I sighed. "And?"

"I've got to hand it to you, little witch. You did well at covering your tracks," he nodded, still smirking.

"Not well enough if you know who I am. Marcel? Is he why you're here?" I asked, glancing at the girl - Rebekah, I remembered - as she stepped forward now.

"Yes, and no. I'm here to offer a trade. I want information," he spoke cryptically.

"And in return?" Bonnie spoke just behind me. I thought she was back in the house. I winced, knowing I could no longer hide what had really happened to me for the past two years.

"In return, she'll have my silence, and you'll have my protection. It's a win-win, love," he said, now gazing at Bonnie.

"Protection? From who?" Bonnie directed her question to me.

"Not who...what,'" I responded quietly. I slowly glanced up at her, knowing she'd be upset at me for hiding this from her.

She clenched her jaw again, not meeting my eyes, and looked around for a moment at the creatures she knew.

"Diana, stop the storm and lift the barrier. Everyone, inside, we all need to have a chat," Bonnie announced, turning back, and stepped quickly back towards the house.

I sighed and snapped my fingers, breaking up the storm, and whispered "evaporo," and the barrier vanished.

Had I just brought the ultimate danger right to my sister's door? I ran a shaky hand through my hair and turned back to follow Bonnie as the rest of the group made their way up to the porch. A few of them eyed me, for my swift change in demeanor, I was sure. But being brazen would do me no good now.

If Marcel knew I was still alive, the town of Mystic Falls was screwed.

-

🔮 Vote and comment 🔮