Chapter 21

FINAL CHAPTER (Book 2: Fated Omen is in progress now. Find it on my profile or go here to start reading: https://www.wattpad.com/991601593-fated-omen-bennett-bound-sequel-quick-recap)

🔮Vote and comment 🔮

-

Omni POV

Kai, Elijah and Damon stood outside an old compound just over the Wickery Bridge in the little neighboring town of Westridge. A circle of dead witches, presumably all from the Gemini coven, fenced the entrance. Under any other circumstance, Kai would've been thrilled at the sight, taking his time to burn this moment into his memory. But he simply stepped over the corpses without so much as a second glance and drained the magic emanating from the doors before blowing them to shreds with his magic.

Damon and Elijah stepped forward only to be thrown backwards into the bloodied dirt of the witch graveyard in shock. Kai turned to them and shrugged before continuing into the compound. "Kai! Kai, unspell the damn door!" Damon yelled, being cautious not to get too close to the entrance. "Fucking prick!" he seethed. He turned back to Elijah who dusted off his suit and looked around in an air of disgust at the flecks of blood that wouldn't come off.

Something shuffled amidst the circle of bodies and they both tensed, ceasing all movement. Damon's eyes darted to Elijah and he nodded slightly as they stealthily approached the source of the sound.

Meanwhile, Kai stalked his way through the building, surprised to see a residential stairwell in such an industrial place. He flitted up the steps and down the hallway to the room he'd envisioned Diana in earlier. He felt the same magic at the door, but couldn't understand it. If it repelled vampires, he shouldn't have been able to get in and if it was simply spelled with magic, then it should've given access to Damon and Elijah when he siphoned it. He shook his head and siphoned the magic at the door in front of him before using the very magic he'd drained to yank it from the hinges and send it over the railing, shattering down to the first floor.

Just as he'd seen in his vision, Diana laid against Stefan in a pool of her own blood - Kai could smell it - but the stake had been pulled out and from the rip in her shirt where it had impaled her, the flesh seemed to have healed. Stefan hadn't kill her. He'd turned her. Kai deliberated this new information before making his next move. On one hand, he was pissed that another vampire's blood was circling through his little witch, but on the other hand, he didn't have to worry about being blamed for when he would inevitably have turned her himself. There was no way he was living an eternity without Diana. But he knew she wouldn't just accept something like that. She had a natural fortitude about her that made Kai giddy when he looked at her.

Deciding he wouldn't kill Stefan right away, he cautiously stepping into the room. Stefan seemed to only just notice his presence and tensed immediately, watching Kai's every movement before making any of his own. "This was her choice, Kai," his voice spilled out, almost as broken as Kai's had been when he'd seen her like this in his vision. "She was going to sire me to do it anyway..." he continued, but his voice trailed off as he glanced down at her. She seemed so peaceful. Too peaceful. "I-I think something's wrong," he said, his heart sinking at his own words. Kai tilted his head, craning his ear towards the tiny unresponsive witch.

"Shh," he hissed, crouching down right in front of her. "Her heart...it's beating again," he said quietly, confused. He pressed a hand to her forehead. "She has a fever," he added and pulled his hand back, even more confused now. She was supposed to be in transition, and even if something went wrong and Stefan's attempt at turning her didn't take, her heart wouldn't have miraculously started beating again. Something was definitely wrong, he just couldn't figure out what.

Stefan heard the slow but steady thumps of her heart as well. They grew stronger and louder with every passing moment and soon, tiny wisps of air passed through her lips. She was breathing! But how? "W-we have to get her out of here," Stefan said, gazing down at her with eyes full of remorse.

Kai lifted the small witch in his arms, holding her close against him as he vamped from the building with Stefan right behind him. Before either of them could speak, Damon flew right past them and slammed into the wall of the compound. Elijah was dangling in the air by Marcel's tight grip on his neck before his attention shifted to Kai and Stefan. "Give her back," Marcel grounded out, tossing Elijah before vamping in front of them. Stefan flinched, but Kai made no move. He'd kept the three of them under a barrier as soon as he entered the room and saw Diana. "You don't understand what's happening. Just give her back and no one has to die," he attempted to negotiate.

Kai smirked. "I guess my reputation isn't as widely known as I thought it'd be. I mean, c'mon, you work with my whole coven and you don't even know who I am?" Kai chuckled, the sentiment not reaching his menacing glare. "You will never take her from me," he announced, coldly.

Diana stirred in his arms and he contemplated taking her back to the mansion immediately and leaving the others to fend from themselves, but figured he'd only piss her off and negate all the majorly heroic good deeds he'd done for her. He did have plenty of competition after all, and it seemed he was late in the game of winning her affections. He watched her, fighting every instinct not to kiss her as she slowly lifted her eyelids and looked up at him. "Kai?" she asked, her voice light and airy. She turned her head to take in her surroundings and gripped his shirt tightly when her eyes landed on Marcel.

He held her a little tighter, gritting his teeth at the cretin who placed fear in her heart. "No one is going to hurt you, ever," Kai bit out, now glaring at the vampire on the other side of his barrier. He reluctantly put a protection spell over the dark haired duo now approaching Marcel from behind. As much as he hated to admit it, if either of those idiots were to die, the little witch would be hurt and, well, he'd just made a promise to prevent anything of the sort. "You seem like a betting man, Marcel, so I'll give you a little tip," Kai chuckled darkly. "Don't mess with a witch who has three immortal boyfriends," he whispered, smirking. Marcel furrowed his eyebrows, thoroughly confused, but had no time to contemplate as Damon grabbed him and Elijah struck his hand right through his chest, ripping his heart from it.

Marcel dropped to the ground, his form reverting into that of the same Dyre witch they had battled earlier. "You've got to be fucking kidding me," Damon groaned.

"We need to leave. Now," Elijah commanded.

"Wait!" a voice called out from the side of the compound.

It sounded exactly like..."Diana?" Damon gaped as a replica of his little witch stalked around to the front of the building. Damon's eyes shifted from the witch in Kai's arms to the one standing ten feet away from them, almost popping from his eyes in shock and confusion. "Wh-what the hell is going on?"

"Who are you?" Elijah demanded, glaring at the witch standing upright. He was puzzled, but he knew from the look of pure panic radiating off her when Marcel stood before her, that the one Kai was holding was, in fact, his Diana.

"What do you mean? Elijah, it's me, Diana," she said, surprise and hurt covering her face. "You don't actually believe that's me, do you? I hate Kai," she hissed, pointing at the offender. "Damon? Come on, you know me, better than anyone else," she reasoned, stepping towards him but stopping as he backed away.

"Listen, I don't know who the hell you are, but no one's buying your off-brand clearance act of our little witch here. Your eyes are too dark, your hair's too flat and you're missing an adorable little dimple on the left side of your face," Kai said matter-of-factly, rolling his eyes. He glanced down at the real Diana, smirking at her look of shock at how much he'd noticed about her in their extremely short interactions since he first saw her in the prison world.

The imposter witch rolled her eyes and cracked her neck, morphing into a taller, much less attractive form with pale, almost translucent skin and shiny blonde cropped curls. Her face twisted into a one with sharp features, a broad nose, thick supple lips and solid black eyes.

"No," Diana breathed, capturing everyone's attention with the tiny gesture. "Mephistopheles," she cried quietly, "but...how?" she shook her head, gripping onto Kai even tighter.

"You should've just listened to my warning earlier. I could've saved you from all of this," the being hissed at her. "I'm sorry about your cousins Lucy and Joanna, but since I couldn't allow any harm to befall you or your sister, I had to improvise. Of course, your little crew of merry men completed the rest for me," he gestured at the corpses.

"You're not taking her," Damon grounded out.

"I've no need to take Diana. She will come to me of her own free will when she is ready," he glowered before lowering his eyes to Diana. She looked so terrified. Part of him was disappointed that Marcel had traumatized her so. "My love, you need not fear me," he said gently. "You've unleashed something within yourself, something you have no control over. When you realize none of the imbecile's you've surrounded yourself with have any idea how to tame you, summon me. I'm at your beck and call," he said, bowing dramatically. "Until then, I've souls to collect," he winked at the shocked little witch before twisting into a whirl smoke and vanishing.

-
Back at the Mikaelson mansion, Bonnie sat between Klaus and Kol, biting her nails as they both took turns attempting to distract her from worrying over the lengthy rescue mission their older brother, along with Damon and Kai, were still on.

"Will you both just shut the hell up and leave me alone," Bonnie muttered, pressing her index and middle fingers against her temples to stifle a migraine.

Klaus and Kol exchanged amused faces. They'd never heard the witch talk to them like that. "No need to get all grouchy, darling," Kol snarked, bumping his shoulder lightly against hers.

She snapped her head up and turned to him, glaring before shoving him back with more force. He smirked and lunged back at her, laughing as she jumped in shock and landed right in Klaus's lap. He leaned over the little green-eyed witch, watching her as she instinctively leaned further in to Klaus who seemed annoyed but not uncomfortable at the witch invading his personal space.

"Don't worry, love, I won't let him get you," Klaus whispered in her ear. A blush broke out over her face as she stumbled from the couch to her feet, and in the same second, the rescue squad appeared out of thin air with Stefan and Diana in tow.

"Diana? Stefan," Bonnie sighed in relief, rushing up to the group. She stopped when she collided with an invisible wall and blinked with eyebrows furrowed. "What the hell?" she demanded, pounding on the barrier angrily.

"Sorry, just a safety measure," Kai said sheepishly, before closing his eyes. When he blinked them open again, Bonnie's fist went right through the air where the barrier was. Cautiously, she stepped up to the irritating siphoner holding her sister, wondering why the hell Damon was allowing it - and why Elijah looked to irritated by it. From Kai's remarks earlier, it seemed like the three of them all wanted Diana for themselves, but Bonnie had refused to acknowledge anything of the sort. She went to reach for her sister when Kai took a step back. She glared in offense. "We don't know exactly what's going on with her, but it's not safe for anyone to touch her right now," he explained, watching Bonnie's movements carefully.

"You're touching her," she scoffed.

"Bonbon, it's really not safe," Damon spoke up. Bonnie turned to him with a look of disbelief."She would be heartbroken if she harmed you accidentally," Elijah added, gazed down at the unconscious Diana through unarmed eyes. "She's not in control of her power at the moment."Bonnie watched the three dark haired men fawning over her sister, enraged. It was her sister. A couple months ago, they didn't even know her. And now they acted as if they had some claim to her over Bonnie. Just as her rage pushed her into a bad decision, Stefan stepped around the three men and the damsel and stood in front of Bonnie.

"Stefan," she breathed, as tears filled her eyes. She closed the distance between them and brushed her hand over his face. "I thought...I thought I'd lost you," she said, her voice breaking as she stared up at him.

"You're stuck with me, remember?" he said with a soft smile. He pulled her close, snaking his arms around her as he leaned down and captured her lips in his. The kiss was soft and brief, much to their dismay, as a second group stormed through the front door of the mansion.

"This era frowns upon breaking and entering, you know," Klaus called out as the more annoying members of Bonnie's group of friends came into view. Caroline, Matt, and the Gilbert siblings slowly filed into the sitting room, each gaping in various levels of shock at the sight before them.

"Bonnie," Caroline sighed with a smile, quickly walking up and engulfing her in a warm hug. "I've been so worried about you! You weren't answering any of my calls or texts and--"

"We were stuck in a prison world for about three weeks," Stefan cut in, stepping behind Bonnie with his hands on her waist.

Caroline tilted her head and cocked an eyebrow at the action and smirked, giving Bonnie a knowing look. Bonnie pressed her lips into a line to fight the smirk making its way onto her face and averted her eyes from Caroline's amused and curious gaze.

"You were both stuck in a prison world for three weeks?" Elena repeated blankly, stepping up to her two former protectors who'd seemed to have gotten much closer since last she saw them. She wrinkled her eyebrows as her eyes drifted back and forth between them. "What happened?" she finally asked, wringing her fingers together.

Bonnie glanced over her shoulder as Stefan, unable to find the right words for the hell storm they'd all just gone through. And then a realization hit her. "Where the hell were you guys? Do you have any fucking idea what we've just gone through?" she snarled, ready to take a step forward before Stefan quickly pulled her back against him.

"Actually, Bonbon," Damon stepped closer, scratching the back of his head. "Diana asked Caroline to keep them all away. Said they'd get in the way and screw everything up," he whispered to her, casting a sarcastic smirk at Elena.

"Oh," Bonnie said quietly. "Oh my God, Care, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean that, it's just-it's been a very, very long couple of weeks," Bonnie rushed through her words, blowing out a sigh when the curly blonde chuckled at her.

"So...I'm confused. Are you two, like...together?" Elena asked, gesturing at Stefan and Bonnie with a mask of disgust ghosting her features.

"I, uh...well, you see," Bonnie struggled through her response. "It's kind of complicated and...difficult to explain--"

Stefan cut her off with a long and elaborate kiss that made Caroline gasp and chuckled in amused congratulations and had Elena's eyes wide with shock and disdain.

"Yeah, we're together. More than together," Stefan said when he finally released Bonnie from their kiss. "Mated, actually," he added, gazing down at her. He smiled when she blushed and looked away, running a nervous hand through her hair.

"So much for girl code," Elena scoffed.

"You mean the same one you ignored after my situationship with Damon?" Caroline snorted. Elena glared at the blonde who only chuckled and shook her head before turning back to Bonnie. "I'm so happy for you - both of you," Caroline pulled Bonnie's hands into hers, plucking her from Stefan's reluctant grip. "Okay, so spill! What happened in that prison world?" Caroline demanded, whisper-yelling as she pulled Bonnie away from the crowded room, squealing in excitement to hear the story.

Elena scoffed to no one in particular and shifted her attention to Damon who had stepped back to his place beside Elijah and a dark haired guy she didn't recognize. She tilted her head to one side, glancing between Damon and the stranger to see what he was looking at so intently, only to realize it was Bonnie's sister, Diana, tucked protectively into the arms of the stranger who still hadn't bothered to acknowledge Elena's presence. Neither had Elijah, a fact that didn't sit well with the doppelgänger.

Stefan had drifted closer to Bonnie, seeming to hover around her subconsciously, and tried to act as if he weren't eavesdropping on her conversation with Caroline. Kol and Klaus seemed to be in a world of their own, conversing about refortifying the house, while Jeremy and Matt stood awkwardly at the edge of the room, having a conversation of their own. Not a single soul was paying any attention to Elena.

She stepped closer to the three men cooing over Diana, slightly excited when the three of them lifted a gaze to her. "Who's that?" the stranger glared at Elena. Damon followed his glare, but turned his attention back to Diana almost immediately.

"The doppelgänger," Elijah stated in a bored tone, glancing at Elena before quickly shifting his eyes back to Diana. "She's of no consequence to our little siren," he added, a small smile surfacing on his face as he continued watching Diana tenderly.

"Why is she staring?" the stranger hissed, his pale grey eyes glaring into her dark brown ones."Relax, Kai. She's harmless," Damon said, shaking his head. He didn't bother to look away from Diana either.

"The doppelgänger? Wait, isn't she the reason Diana was in danger in the first place?" Kai grumbled, glancing to Damon for confirmation. Elijah glanced at him, a dark countenance covering his face as he considered Kai's words.

"The last thing we need is to piss Klaus off," Damon said, shaking his head as he attempted to reign in the anger he felt from both of them. "Diana's here now, we'll protect her. Let's just let bygones be bygones," Damon sighed, his tone dripping in restrained frustration. "She can't be comfortable like that. Should we try laying her down?" he moved onto a subject he actually cared about.

"You don't think she'd set the bed ablaze, do you?" Elijah asked, his expression shifting from one of quiet rage to one a deep concern.

"I don't know, but I could stand here with her in my arms all day," Kai smirked, looking back to Diana. His smirk softened into a small smile. "How can something so tiny have so much power?" he whispered, in awe. "Do you think she'll turn evil for a little while? Maybe we can go on a killing spree or two, you know, before baby witch brings her back to the good side," Kai said excitedly.

Damon rolled his eyes and scoffed. "Diana could never be evil. If she ever went on a killing spree, you can bet your ass every death was well earned."

"Hand her to me, you've carried her practically the whole time," Elijah demanded, reaching for Diana.

"She'll melt your hands off," Damon flouted, shaking his head in disbelief as Elijah's incessant request. "Thought you weren't jealous, old man."

"I never said I wasn't jealous," Elijah stated plainly. "Why are you the only one able to touch her unscathed?" He sneered at Kai.

"Because I can simultaneously siphon the excess magic causing her power to lash out while also protecting myself with a spell," Kai shrugged, gleaming with pride.

"You ass," Damon hissed, "you could've cloaked us with a protection spell this whole time?"

"Well, yeah, but then I wouldn't get to keep her all to myself. And honestly guys, I mean, you had whole weeks with her - totally unfair, by the way," Kai muttered.

Before the three could devolve into another playful argument over Diana, Rebekah stomped into the room, taking in the odd energies around her before zeroing in on Diana. She glanced at the men around her and cautiously stepped forward.

"Rebekah, where have you been?" Elijah hissed, glaring down at her.

Rebekah sighed. Where had she been, indeed. A multitude of expressions crossed her face before she took a deep breath and looked away from Diana up to her brother. "I've been conversing with Diana," she stated resolutely.

"What?" Bonnie stalked over at the mention of her sister's name, with Caroline and Stefan trailing right behind her. "What do you mean?"

Kai instinctively tightened his hold on her as more people surrounded his little prize. He contemplated teleporting them to her room and spelling a barrier to keep everyone else out, but he, too, wanted to know what the blonde original meant.

"Clearly, you've realized something went wrong when Stefan tried to turn her," Rebekah said, glaring at Stefan before turning back to Diana and her three protectors.

"You tried to turn a siren?" Klaus scoffed. Everyone turned their attention to him now. "I didn't think it had to be explained that not all hybridizations make for a balanced blend," he shrugged. "She was already a hybrid, being a sire-witch. Did you honestly not devote a single brain cell to thinking your little plan through first?" Klaus shook his head in disbelief.

"It wasn't his idea, Klaus," Bonnie hissed. "Rebekah, what did she say? How were you talking to her?"

"I...it's...I don't know exactly. I can hear her," Rebekah struggled, frustrated. "She's changing into something she can't explain, but we can help her," she said, turning to Bonnie. "I don't know how your sister's done it, but..." Rebekah's words faltered before she shook her head, pulling a dagger out of her pocket. She sliced a line through her palm and held her hand up to everyone.

"You're not healing," Klaus breathed, shocked.

"I'm human," Rebekah pressed, excitedly. "I'm a witch."

"You're saying my sister turned you into a witch?" Bonnie asked, shaking her head in disbelief.

"Yes," Rebekah said with a grateful smile. "But Bonnie, she needs us. Whatever kind of slumber she's in right now, she won't wake from it, not without our help."

"What exactly did she say, Rebekah?" Elijah demanded.

"Mephisto-whatever the hell his name is, is holding her in some sort of stasis for the duration of her transition," Rebekah shifted her attention around the group. "Once she emerges, she won't be the Diana we all know and love anymore. We have to break her out of it before then, give her time to adjust and understand her new power. Otherwise, it will overtake her altogether and no one but Memphis-what's-his-name will be able to stop her from destroying herself."

"Why would she turn you into a witch? Why would she involve you at all?" Damon pursed his eyebrows as he watched Rebekah.

"I don't know, she won't answer that question. She siphoned my immortality and replaced it with her witch magic. I know it doesn't make sense, I don't know of any other way to explain it. She turned me back into witch," Rebekah shook her head, trying to find other words that made more sense.

"Not just any witch. She made you a Bennett," Bonnie announced, shocked. "I-I can feel it, I can feel that same kind of bond I have with Diana now with you, Rebekah." She pulled Rebekah's hands into hers and closed her eyes. A vision flashed through her mind of Diana's words with Rebekah. She was telling the truth. Diana was facing her own destruction if they didn't find a way to pull her out. Mephistopheles wanted her as his queen. Together, they would raid, conquer, pillage and destroy this world, taking the power - and lives - of every magic-ridden creature in existence. "We're going to need more witches. Klaus?" Bonnie turned to the original hybrid who watched them in fervent fascination.

"If it's witches you need, witches you shall get," Klaus nodded, vamping away from the room.

Bonnie turned back to the dark-haired trio, taking a deep breath and pinching the bridge of her nose. "I can't believe I'm about to say this," she grumbled through gritted teeth. "But you three are the only things keeping her from burning the entire town of Mystic Falls to the ground. You're officially on guard duty. Kai, just because you're the only one who can touch her, doesn't mean you're allowed to get handsy," Bonnie bit out.

"And Elijah," her voice softened, "please stop hurting yourself trying to hold her. She can sense when you're in pain and it's only making it more difficult for her to stay in control." She shook her head and lifted her eyes up to Damon. "You and I need to have a talk," she said, thinly veiling the animosity in her voice as she turned and walked to the kitchen. She turned around to face Damon, crossing her arms over her chest when Stefan walked in and stepped beside her. She smiled at him, but her expression quickly changed when Damon walked in.

"Look, my sister isn't exactly expressive when it comes to her feelings. They make her feel vulnerable, and sometimes she doesn't even understand them," Bonnie sighed. "Diana has been through a lot. More than anyone should ever have to go through," she continued, her heart sinking at her own words. Damon shifted on his feet, knowing if Bonnie thought Diana's hardships were excessive, especially with everything she herself had been through, his little sire-witch's life must have been even worse - a visual he didn't want on his conscious. "I've been the only constant in her life - and I couldn't even be there physically. Everyone else abandoned her or betrayed her. Our own mother ignored her existence entirely," Bonnie said, blinking back tears that threatened to spill over. "Just promise me you won't leave her. Whatever issues you need to sort out with Elena, do it now before we bring her back--"

"Bonnie, what are you talking about? There's nothing between Elena and I," Damon scoffed, pursing his eyebrows in frustration and confusion. Diana couldn't have possible thought something like that, the thought rolled around in his mind. "Did she say something?"

"Not in so many words. Something happened that made her sensitive to your relationship with Elena. I don't know what it was and she won't tell me, but I'm warning you now. If you hurt my sister in any way, I will end you and Stefan will help me do it," Bonnie bit out, not bothering to look back at Stefan who was nodding along with her.

"If I ever hurt Diana, I'll end myself," Damon muttered, shaking his head as he sifted through every encounter he ever had with the little sire-witch, trying to understand what idiotic thing he must've done to make her feel this way. He spotted the moment in question much quicker than he'd hoped. "I'm an idiot," he scoffed at himself. It was when Elena returned. His first thought was to check on Diana, but he wanted to get as much information out of the doppelgänger about Marcel as he could before bothering her.

The brunette had pushed herself onto him, latching on in bumbling sobs he'd fought himself from rolling his eyes at. But he didn't push her away immediately. He thought he'd caught Diana's scent and peeled away from the crying girl, darting up the stairs only to find her room empty. He followed her scent around the house, but she'd traveled through it so many times, her scent was practically everywhere.

When he finally found her, she was in the clutches of Elijah who seemed ready to devour her before Damon pulled her away. She'd looked up at Damon, angry, but she refused to say why. And the chaos that followed after gave neither of them any time to sort it through. He finally snapped from his reverie and looked back to Bonnie. "She misunderstood something and I was too oblivious to realize it. Just get her back to me. I'll fix everything," he promised, vamping back to Kai's side, wishing he could talk to her somehow. "Diana, you have to know once I met you, there was no one else. There will never be anyone else," he whispered, hoping somehow his words would reach her.

Klaus flitted back into the room just as Stefan and Bonnie stepped out of the kitchen. "I've six covens on the way. They should be arriving with in the next two days," Klaus announced.

Bonnie nodded to Rebekah and as if on cue, the entire top shelf of grimoires in Klaus's library floated into the living room. The two witches took their places on the couch and started in on one book at a time. Stefan sat on the arm of the sofa beside Bonnie, looking over her shoulder as she cracked a grimoire open. Flipping through the pages, Bonnie didn't bother looking up as she ordered everyone around. "Care, you and Elena grab a book. Start looking for a spell about Mephistopheles." Caroline flitted to the floor in front of her, taking a book in her hands and immediately turning through the pages. Elena scoffed, but took a book and sat down beside Caroline anyway.

"I'll only say this once," Bonnie continued, turning to another page, "you have one chance to walk away. If you do, don't ever come back around me or my family. But if you don't and you do anything to jeopardize anyone here, I will sire you to drown yourself in the quarry without hesitation." Bonnie's words directly contradicted the calm and cool tone of her voice, and Elena shuddered, fully understanding just how serious Bonnie was. "Kai, the four of you need to go somewhere safe. Mephistopheles is sending minions here to try to take the three of you out to chip away at Diana's control. Her room is a safe bet if you place that same barrier you used earlier around it. Rebekah and I will fortify it with a spell of our own, in case anyone makes it that far."

"Pity whoever's stupid enough to try," Rebekah said blankly, turning another page as the three men vamped away with their unconscious sire-witch in tow.

"Matt, Jeremy," Bonnie called, glancing up at the only two mere humans in the room. "A food run would be much appreciated," she smiled sheepishly. The boys nodded and went about their own little mission without complaint. "Kol, I need any dark objects you can find. We need all the power we can get our hands on."

"Your wish is my command, darling," he winked, ignoring the glare Stefan shot his way before vamping from the room.

"How can I help?" Stefan asked, a little offended she hadn't given him a task first.

She glanced up, realizing she simply wanted him by her side, and shook her head. She knew he'd be too stubborn to sit around and do nothing. "Why don't you work with Klaus to come up with a list of allies we can count on to fight with us? We also need to strategize," she said with a huff. The Bennetts always seemed to be caught up in the middle of chaos. At least this time, it was to protect their own.

"Strategize? Now you're speaking my language, love," Klaus smirked.

Bonnie looked up at him and sighed before turning back to Stefan. "Bringing Diana back won't just piss Mephistopheles off. He'll see it as an act of war."

"It's a good thing you're surrounded by warriors then," Klaus said, nodding to Stefan. "Mostly," he added, glancing at the doppelgänger who was too focused on the words in front of her to pay him any mind. "Join me in my study, Stefan. We've much to discuss," he smiled darkly at his former ripper-friend. Two vicious minds were certainly better than one. If it was a war Mephistopheles wanted, Klaus would give him more than he bargained for. Having a ripper fighting alongside him would only make things all the bloodier. Stefan smirked back, following Klaus through the halls of the mansion. It seems the ripper wasn't completely subdued by his love for the green-eyed witch.

"Bonnie, I think I have something," Elena, of all people, spoke up, halting everyone else's movements in the room. "I-it may be nothing, but there's a spell called Harrow's Slumber? A-and another one on the next page called the Revocation, I think - my Latin is a little rusty," she lifted the book, turning it towards Bonnie. "It sounds a lot like what the Memphis-guy did to Diana, keeping her from waking up."

Bonnie stood, taking the book in her hands. She read over the latin script, her heart turning flips before she turned to the girl she'd grown up with. Bonnie studied Elena's eyes, seeing no malice in them, much to her surprise. Elena looked anxious, hopeful, even. Bonnie pulled the brunette from the floor and engulfed her into an unexpected hug. "This...Elena, this is it! You found the spell we need to bring Diana back," Bonnie cried as Elena hugged her back. "Thank you," Bonnie whispered as tears fell from her face.

"Bonnie, of course," Elena squeezed her, grateful she hadn't completely ruined the last strands of their friendship. "It's literally the least I could do," she said shaking her head as they pulled back. "But there's something else I can do," she announced.

Bonnie shook her head with a confused smile, "what are you talking about, 'Lena?"

"Klaus, the hybrids. I can help him make them--"

"Absolutely not! Elena, have you lost your mind? You would literally die," Bonnie scoffed, shocked at Elena's response.

"No, Bonnie, I wouldn't...I mean, yeah, technically, but I wouldn't stay dead," she explained, taking Bonnie's hands in hers. "You could do a spell, like a life-binding one, connect me to a vampire or someone who can't die. You said it yourself, we're going to war. You've died for me too many times for me to ever repay. I can at least do this much," she said, squeezing Bonnie's hands. "Think about it. Klaus has allies, sure, but how many enemies do the Mikaelson's have? And Damon? Stefan? They haven't exactly had the best track record with people from their past being all buddy-buddy. We need loyal fighters."

Bonnie considered the doppelgänger's words, shocked and touched that she would ever consider sacrificing herself for anyone, much less the melting pot of friends and enemies they were now. "I'll think about it," was all Bonnie could muster. "For now, let's focus on one life changing spell at a time," she said, her eyes darting between Elena's brown ones. "And, 'Lena? Thank you," she said, pulling her into another hug. Elena hugged her back and smiled as Caroline and Rebekah stood up with them. "Let's get started," Bonnie said. "Let's bring my sister back."

-

THE END

Book 2: Fated Omen is in progress now. Find it on my profile or go here to start reading: https://www.wattpad.com/991601593-fated-omen-bennett-bound-sequel-quick-recap

🔮Vote and comment 🔮