Chapter 19

Note: I'm reuploading all full chapters of this book! My site is temporarily down, but I don't want you to have to wait to read.

🔮Vote and comment 🔮

-

Bonnie POV - following the sequence of events from the previous chapter

A pang of relief - quickly swallowed by one of jealousy - ran through me when the indestructible witch was finally put down and Stefan stepped up to the other incredibly powerful, and beautiful, witch and pulled her into a hug. A growl snarled out beside me, giving sound to my own frustrations and I glanced curiously at Damon who seemed to share my sentiments.

He glanced back and rolled his eyes, folding his arms over his chest. "It's just a hug, it doesn't mean anything," he grumbled, curtly.

"Who is she?" I hissed, more upset than I cared to expose.

He turned to me fully, chuckling in disbelief. "I didn't actually think her spell would hold this well," he muttered, shaking his head. "I was gonna wait and let her do this, but here," Damon pulled a folded piece of paper from his back pocket and dangled it in front of me. "Say this three times, do a little twirl, and all this," he gestured around spreading his arms wide, "will make so much more sense."

I eyed him suspiciously before snatching it from his hands. I didn't recognize the spell, but I did recognize the latin it was written in. "A memory blocking spell?" I scoffed.

"Before you do it, just know she did this to protect you," he said, an odd look of protectiveness flashing in his eyes over the strange girl outside. I had to know who she was, why she was so important to everyone.

I nodded to Damon and read over the latin incantation twice before saying it aloud. "Absolvisti occultus, phasmatos reseros," I chanted. Pain surged through my chest as images of the witch flooded through my mind. Memory after memory surfaced, dashing away before I could fully take them in. A flash of her little face, much smaller and younger, with large rounded eyes gazing down at me, babbling at me in baby talk. Another flash of her kissing my own tiny cherub hand with a scrape on it before patting my head and promising to heal me. Flashes of secret notes revealing themselves in my journal, jokes and doodles all signed by -Di. More visions of birthday gifts appearing on my bed, signed 'With love, from Di,' and arguments with my mother asking why I couldn't keep them. And then, a final one: I cautiously opened the door of my empty house to see her with a bright smile and tears in her eyes. Diana. My sister.

"Diana?" I breathed, opening my eyes again to see Damon yelling in anguish as he ripped away at the back doors. "Damon? What's going on?" I demanded, turning back to the window just in time to see the ash-ridden witch that was just dead and in pieces moments ago now holding Stefan by his throat and Diana by her hair. In a blink, all three of them vanished. "No! No, no, no Diana, no!" I screamed, banging my fists against the window.

The back door of the Mikaelson mansion finally flew off its hinges under Damon's unrelenting hits. I ran outside right behind him looking around in horror. "Wh-where did they go? Where is Stefan? Wh-where is my sister!" my voice cracked as I fell to my knees, tears flooding down my face. I fell apart as the injured unit of warriors slowly healed and rose back to their feet. Rebekah hauled me up and vamped me back inside to the living are where the rest of the group stood quietly. I fell into the couch she had stood me in front of as two parts of myself fought for control: rage and grief. I clenched my hands into fists, digging my nails into the palms of my hands. Rage won out. I jumped to my feet, pulling everyone's attention to me and turned my eyes to Damon. "We have to get them back, now," I hissed.

"Easy there, baby sis," Kai spoke up. "The adults can handle this," he winked. His presence was annoying enough to fuel my anger, but my magic was still depleted from his siphoning earlier."Why are you even here?" I bit out.

"Relax, I'm helping. How else am I gonna win her against grandpa-Elijah and generic-Elijah?" he snorted, glancing at Damon and the dark haired original. Damon glared, but Elijah simply smirked at him.

I blinked, pursing my eyebrows at his insinuation. "What the hell are you talking about, Kai?"

He tilted his head at me and then glanced back at Damon who rolled his eyes and huffed. "Wow, okay where do I even begin?" he said excitedly, an amused grin surfacing on his face. "So, when your sister came to rescue you--"

"We don't have time for this," Klaus grumbled, probably more angered that the Dyre bitch had bested them over the fact that she'd taken Diana and Stefan. "Rebekah, search the books and find us a way to kill that thing," he hissed.

"We need to get Diana back," she reproached, defiantly.

"We can't get her back if we don't know how to kill the creature that took her," he retorted.

"Niklaus, I'm not going to stand here and wait around for an answer that may or may not even be in one of those books," Elijah growled.

"And what exactly do you plan to do, brother? Have you any idea where she's even been taken? And what of the other Salvatore? Why would the Dyre creature bother taking him as well? At the very least, you need a plan," Klaus hissed back.

"Actually, all you really need is a witch," Kai snorted. Everyone's attention drifted back to me until Kai laughed. "No, no, like one who can actually do magic," he added. "My little witchy-mate gave me all kinds of power," he said looking at his hands as he turned them over in front of him. "I can do a tracking spell using her magic alone."

"And then what, pray tell?" Klaus asked, unconvinced.

"And then we storm the place and rip apart anyone who stands in our way," Damon said with a shrug like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Find our witch, I'll return shortly," Elijah announced with a nod to Kai and Damon before flitting from the room.

"Our witch...hmm...I kinda like it," Kai said, flashing a mischievous smile at Damon who only sneered back. "Alright, let's find our little witch," he rubbed his hands together and closed his eyes, chanting a locator spell.

"Don't you need her blood for that?" I asked, interrupting his chants.

"Not when you have this kinda connection," he muttered, going back to the chant. He repeated it three times before his eyes snapped open, dark and menacing as they turned to Damon. "Found her."

"Where is she?" Damon asked.

"Sixteen miles away," Kai grumbled, clenching his jaw.

"What else did you see?" I asked, stepping closer to him. Anger was radiating off him in waves.

"About thirteen people I'm going to shred to pieces," his glowered with a dark smirk. "I was gonna wait a few days for a family reunion, but when opportunity knocks, you just have to answer."

"The Gemini coven has her?" I asked in disbelief.

Before Kai could respond, Elijah returned to the living room, tossing two stakes into his hands. Damon scoffed and held his hands out in exasperation. "Do I need to remind you? You're a vampire, Damon. How are you in need of a weapon when you, in fact, are a weapon? Besides, the only thing we need now is something to subdue Marcel," he said, turning to Klaus.

"No need, he's not there. In fact, no vampires are there," Kai stated, placing the stakes in the inner pockets of his jacket.

"Then what do you need those for?" Damon asked.

"A stake through the heart can still kill a witch," Kai snorted. "Besides, the bloodier the better," he hissed.

"Right," Damon sneered, rolling his eyes. "Do you have an address? Or is there some kind of magical GPS?"

"Do you really believe they aren't expecting you?" Klaus warned, giving Elijah pause. "Just think this through, brother. I know the witch has become quite important to you, but if you don't have a plan, you'll only make her predicament worse."

"He's half-right," Kai announced, surprising Damon. "They're definitely expecting you two, but trust me when I say, I am the absolute last person they expect to see out and about."

"Even with Diana's magic, you can't defeat your whole coven alone," I scoffed.

"I won't be alone, I can cloak Mr. Second and Third string," he smirked. "But I do have an idea that would make this whole thing so much easier."

"Which is?" Klaus demanded.

"I'm guessing not many of you know my whole story --"

"Actually, Diana filled us all in when she realized she sent Bonnie and Stefan to the wrong prison world," Damon interrupted.

"So then, you must know I was supposed to be the next leader of my coven. After I merge with my twin - like I was supposed to eighteen years ago - I can control their magic, stop them from going on with whatever ritual everyone's so worried about," Kai explained.

"I thought you wanted to kill them," Damon lifted an eyebrow at Kai.

"Oh that's definitely still on the list," Kai smirked, earning a snort from Klaus.

"Is she safe for now? Can you see if she's being harmed in any way?" Elijah asked, growing impatient.

"She's actually pretty comfy, all nice and snuggled up in a big fluffy bed. Stefan's there, too, sitting on the floor. She's unconscious, but alive," Kai answered. "Now, who wants to help me find my long lost twin?"

-

🔮Vote and comment 🔮