Trouble? (Ch 18)

Loki and Thor were called out by the avengers to help with a small mission, so Peter had decided to bring his grandmother out to see the New York way.

"Why is there a big statue of a green lady?" Frigga asked as they walked down the sidewalk causing surrounding pesderans to look at her funny.

"OH! That's the Statue of Liberty, She stands in that lake right there and is basically stands for a symbol of American pride? I'm not sure, I think it's kinda dumb because it was made in France not the USA." Peter examined the statue squinting his eyes to get a better look.

"Well yes, I agree, that's....weird." She answered trying to copy the young man's speech.

They continued to walk around New York looking at different statues and monuments explaining something every time a question as asked. Pete decided that he would bring Frigga to a tourist attraction seeing as she was sorta a tourist and he was her guild.

They walked in a "I Heart New York" store and Frigga picked out a medium sized brown bear plushy that read "Best Grandma" on the sign. when Peter bought it to her she definitely did not tear up, there was just something in her eye.

Frigga found that the strange clothing Midgardian wear called 'Jeans' fit nicely and she had to remind herself to bring some back to Asgard.

They went to all of peters favorite places, including the counter shops, Delmars's for lunch. They even explored places peter had never been, then Peter got a text from Loki and decided to head home.

"Today was a marvelous day, Petyr, Thank you for showing me the Midgardian way." Frigga complimented as they took their jackets off when they walked threw the door.

"No problem grandma, it was really fun anyways." Peter relied as he lead Frigga down the long hall.

"What do you want to do now?'' She asked turning her head sideways as they finally made it to the kitchen.

"Well....." Peter replied trying to think, "We could.....Oh! I know! Let's bake a cake!"

Peter dashed into the cupboard pulling out cake mix with Frigga following curiosity behind.

"A cake? What is this cake, you speak of?" It just hit Peter how similar she and Loki talked.

"On earth, we have a tradition that most people take part in, on a certain days, someone will bake a cake for a celebration, such as a wedding, New Years and most commonly the day on which someone was born." Peter took a second to catch his breath before continuing , "Since mortal's typically live around 60-80 years (according to google)one day out of a every year is celebrated that a person is one year older." Peter finished, looking up into the fridge to spot some eggs.

"I guess that makes sense, but why are mortals celebrating one year closer to death?" She questioned, peaking over Peters shoulder as he opened the cart of eggs.

"I think humans just want to delay the inevitability of death so instead of being sad that they are going to die sooner, they make it happy to remember a day filled with all your loved one's celebrating you." Peter relied casually , having though about death a lot after finding out he was going to outlive everyone currently on earth.

He looked about at his grandmothers slightly concerned face and shrugged his shoulders, "Mortals are very strange." He included looking back at the carton of eggs.

"Yes, I will have to agree with you on that." She answered, moving out of Peters's way as he grabbed a bowl and a spoon out of a cupboard.

They had just finished stirring the bowl of eggs, when a loud crash of glass came from upstairs. Both now on alert, they shared a quiet look because if someone was breaking, they both would of sensed a new aura entering, which neither did.

Peter slowly and soundlessly put down the spoon on the rim of the bowl and backed away from the counter.

"Do you sense anyone?" He whispered.

"No.'' she replied.

"Hmm, I will just check in case. You stay here, okay?" she was a bit hesitant on letting him go alone but remembering how he trained she agreed.

Peter silently ran down the hall, turning left to face the stairs, now completely out of sight of Frigga. He was on high alert, almost tempted to used his fathers trick and draw a knife from his sleeves. Instead he kept one hand on his side and the other holding onto his green and purple snake necklace.

He silently crept up to stairs following the sound, still looking around for any auras he might of missed. He avoided any places where he could of been sneaked up on learning from that the hard way when he and Loki were training, Loki loved sneaking up on him.

If this was a mortal breaking in a gods house then peter had enough combat skills where he could simply take them down but if it was someone or something from out of this world, he might be screwed.

Having that thought in the back of his mind was unpleasant but he kept on searching. When he finally made it to the source of the sound, he came face to face with the closed door of his own bedroom.

Slowly and cautiously, he nudged himself into his room, since his room is shaped a weird angle, the window and bed was out of view.

Once the door as out of his way, he continued into his room eying his closed bathroom door that he never remembered closing. without having a sensitive spot for a attack, he crept down his room til he made it to the corner, taking a deep breath, he quickly and swiftly turned his back letting his eyes have a full view of his room.

Noticing that his room had no unwanted guests and noting of the broken candle on the floor, he let himself relax al little before turning around to face his bathroom door. Just like before, he quickly opened his door and scanned the bathroom.

A breath he didn't know he was holding was let out when he was positive thee was no one there.

He sighed and let his guard down, straightening his back and running a hand threw his black curls, he left the bathroom door and went to check where the loud crash came from. He looked down at the smashed candle curiously, questioning how it fell in the first place. He took note of the open window that was right above the candle, maybe the wind knocked the candle over? But he doesn't think the wind is strong enough.

Unless....This was a distraction? But, a distraction from what exactly? Then he remembered his grandmother. Panic and Shock took over his body as he raced down the hall to the stairs, carelessly leaving many blind spots, which were the last thing on his mind.

Almost falling down the stairs in the process, he ran down the hall leading to the kitchen.

Once there, the sight Peter seen made him stop dead in his tracks, he stopped breathing....

MUA HA HA AH CLIFFHANGER!!! I GUESS YOU WILL JUST HAVE TO WAIT!!