𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧. 𝑒𝑚𝑒𝑟𝑔𝑒𝑛𝑐𝑦 𝑚𝑒𝑒𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔

Word count: 2732

𝐔𝐒𝐔𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘, 𝐕𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐃 about a million different thoughts in her head at the same time, due to her super speed. However, when Valerie woke up the next morning, there was only one thing on her mind: Five.

She felt as though what had happened the night before had been a part of a dream, and she prayed that it had actually happened. The rush of fiery heat had never left her body since the night before, and it only intensified at the thought of him.

After changing into a fresh uniform and brushing her teeth, she went over to Five's room and knocked on the door. 

It opened not too long after, revealing Five, whose hair made it seem as though he had just woken up. He had changed into the light blue pyjamas, which had an umbrella stitched on the breast pocket.

"Go lay on the bed," she ordered as she nodded towards the unmade bed and went over to the first aid kit at the desk, which she had left opened the night before. 

He heeded as she grabbed some gauze and the roll of tape before walking over towards him.

Valerie was beginning to lift his shirt up when he mumbled, "Trying to take my clothes off now, are ya? We're moving pretty fast."

"Oh, shut up, Five." She rolled her eyes in amusement, ignoring his playful teases as she gently peeled the tape off, then removing the gauze. 

She felt a wave of relief wash over her as she inspected the wound; it was looking much better than the night before—it had stopped bleeding at least. It was beginning to heal but still needed to be treated delicately, and she made sure to be careful.

Valerie replaced the gauze with a new one, feeling Five's sleepy eyes on her as she taped it onto his skin firmly. She looked back up at him with a small sigh and nodded. "There. Now, don't move too much, or else it'll hurt. A lot."

He sat up, swinging his legs over the side as he asked, "Can I still—"

"Do your jumping stuff? You should be able to." She shrugged as she sat down next to him on the bed. "If it hurts the first time, don't do it again though."

"Okay." He frowned as he turned his head towards her. "Did Diego and Allison find anything after?"

"I don't know, neither of them came back home last night," she told him with a sigh as she shook her head. "I don't think they did, at least."

"Maybe they went to find Harold Jenkins," he said, though his tone wasn't too enthusiastic. "I hope not."

"Why not? You're worried they'll get hurt or something?"

Five laughed in amusement as he shook his head. "No. I want to kill him myself."

"Oh, come on, Five," she tutted, the corners of her lips turning downwards.

He folded his arms. "What, you think we shouldn't kill him? The guy who's manipulating Vanya, is a convicted killer, and, oh, yeah, is the cause of the end of the world?"

"No, I know we have to kill him, but you don't have to be so . . . excited about it."

"I'm not excited."

"Five."

"Well, I mean, this is what I've been waiting to do for the past twenty-one years!" Five gave in, shrugging as he threw his hands into the air. "You think I'm going to be sad about it?"

"You're still murdering a man," Valerie sighed as she rested her head against Five's shoulder. She frowned as she threaded her fingers through his, the warmth of his hand seeping into hers. "A really, really, terrible, horrible man who deserves nothing but bad things. Like, the absolute worst of mankind. Rock bottom. But still a man. You don't feel a tiny ounce of guilt?"