𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞. 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤ℎ𝑖𝑡𝑒 𝑣𝑖𝑜𝑙𝑖𝑛. 𝐜𝐨𝐝𝐚

Word count: 2726

𝐅𝐎𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐏𝐎𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐒 plan that Luther had made, Diego and Luther charged straight towards Vanya. 

She, however, stood up abruptly and slashed her bow, causing them to fly into the audience with a white wave of energy.

Obviously more than terrified, the members of the audience instantly jumped to their feet, screaming and shouting in horror as they pushed past each other in an attempt to leave as fast as they could.

The orchestra players seemed to have the same idea as they got to their feet, but Vanya soon let out another wave in their direction that forced them to sit themselves down and resume their playing.

Once the audience had cleared out, Valerie grabbed the upset Allison and pulled her down so that they were leaned against the back of a row of velvet seats. She peered over to see that Diego and Luther had done the same thing across the aisle. 

Allison found a leather purse on the ground and whipped it towards Luther, and Valerie felt a sense of satisfaction as it hit his side.

Luther turned to her with furrowed eyebrows and rolled his eyes. "Yeah. We're fine, thanks for asking."

Allison's expression only became more furious at that.

"Look, I almost lost you once, all right?" Luther retorted with a small shrug. "I wasn't about to lose you again."

"Oh, big surprise, the terrible plan Valerie said was a terrible plan didn't work, who would've thought?" Valerie said mockingly as she rolled her eyes, causing the two men to sigh. "Any better ideas, big man?"

Allison then began making the motion of playing the violin, to which Diego scoffed.

"No shit, Allison," he shot back with a scrunched face. "Tell us something we don't already know."

"She's talking about the violin, idiot," Valerie corrected, earning a nod of confirmation from the woman next to her. "It's her lightning rod. If we can take it from her and stop her from playing, we might have a shot."

The slam of the doors opening drew their attention and Valerie strained her neck to see the worst thing: the attackers from the bowling alley marched through the doors, guns a-blazing. 

The four of them ducked behind the seats as the attackers divided throughout the hall, shooting just as clumsily as last time.

This was not what Valerie meant by 'shot.'

This time, Vanya didn't pay any attention to the orchestra when they immediately got up and rushed out, obviously not wanting to fall victim to the shooting. Vanya seemed to be far too immersed in her violin-playing, and small soundwaves extended off of her as she glowed brighter and brighter.

"What the hell happened to Klaus?" Luther questioned as he pressed himself against the seat. "He's supposed to be on lookout."

"Yeah, you surprised?" Diego scoffed as he hid from a nearby shooter. "Valerie, don't even think about doing what you did at the bowling alley."

"Bitch," Valerie muttered.

Suddenly, a burst of white appeared as Five arrived, his nose wrinkled as he walked down the aisle. "What's with all the lollygagging?"

Noticing the attackers that had appeared on the balcony, ready to shoot towards Five, Valerie shot up from her spot and ran over to Five, grabbing him and throwing both herself and him to the ground as gunfire erupted. And boy, did that hurt her wound.