𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧. 𝑟𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑓𝑢𝑙 ℎ𝑜𝑚𝑒

Word count: 2314

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐑 𝐂𝐀𝐌𝐄 to a screeching halt as Luther pulled up in front of the iron gates of the Academy. 

As soon as the car had stopped, everyone immediately rushed out of the car, Luther picking up Allison and running towards the house.

"I don't think she's breathing," Luther muttered, his eyes frantically watching Allison's chest, which wasn't rising nor falling, as they rushed up the stairs to the entrance of their home.

"If we don't get her upstairs, she's gonna die," Klaus said in a panicked tone, using his hands to gesture for them to go faster.

"Val, you go eat something, come up after," Diego ordered as he pushed her in the direction of the kitchen rather than the infirmary that everyone else was sprinting towards.

Valerie's eyebrows furrowed as she began to protest, "But—"

"You can't do anything about Allison, just go!" Diego demanded before following the others up the stairs.

Reluctantly, but also with a small sense of relief that made her feel a little guilty, Valerie headed towards the kitchen, feeling herself grow more and more exhausted as she did so. 

Her stomach growled as she grabbed containers filled with leftovers from the previous dinner and also some of the takeout that Klaus seemed to be saving for later (sorry, Klaus).

Although it was slightly counterproductive to do so, she sped-ate, wanting to finish as fast as possible so she could see Allison. Valerie could feel her strength and speed return to her with every container she finished, the headache fading away more and more by the second.

Finally feeling full and healthy after a good few minutes of eating, Valerie sped up the stairs and to the infirmary, silently promising to clean the dishes later.

She made it there just as Grace began to analyze Allison's unconscious body with her hands slipped into white latex gloves.

The other boys and Pogo surrounded the bed that Allison was laying on, and Valerie stopped next to Five, who was standing next to Allison with his hands clutching a bloodied cloth that he was pressing against her neck.

Diego looked up at Valerie as soon as she arrived, anger flashing in his eyes as he sharply said, "Valerie, I told you to—"

"I ate!" Valerie exclaimed as she raised her hands in protest and nodded profusely. "A lot! I just shoved it all down so I could be here." She gave one more nod to Diego before turning to Grace and worriedly asking, "Mom, how is she?"

"She's suffered a severe laceration to her larynx," Grace answered as she shifted her gaze to the group. She sighed as she told them, "One of you will need to give blood."

"I will," all of the siblings immediately said simultaneously.

"I will," Luther spoke firmly a moment after, to which no one complained. "I'm doing it."

"I'm afraid that's not possible, dear boy," Pogo said as he shook his head, his expression pitying as he gazed upon the tall man. "Your blood is more compatible with mine."

"I'll do it, it's my fault she got hurt," Valerie volunteered with a raised hand before anyone else could speak up.

Five furrowed his eyebrows as he looked towards her, his hand travelling to her shoulder and gripping it tightly as he protested, "It's not your—"

"I was irresponsible, and because of that, I wasn't able to get her before this happened." Valerie shook her head and swallowed. "Use my blood."

Pogo sighed, "While using your blood would be most ideal, Miss Valerie, with its accelerated healing factors and all . . . Your blood type does not match the one of Miss Allison's, so it's simply not possible."