Chapter 19: Silence is Golden

...Rejuvenating. Not going to lie.

My crummy mood felt immediately lifted away upon hearing the first couple of musical cues from this strange song. I didn't like it nor did I want to like it but my head made those small involuntary dance movements without stopping. For some odd reason, it felt not only catchy but also uplifting to the soul. Part of me wished to remove the headphone but I wouldn't do it. Why wouldn't I? Something about this song kept me attached.

Judy had an adorable little bunny dance going on and I couldn't help but smile at her groovy style because that bushy tail of hers was downright hilarious and adorable. She was too busy enjoying herself but she quickly caught a glimpse of me at the corner of her eye. In that moment, I froze in place.

"You like this song! Don't you Cherry?"

 "No, no," I defended. "I don't."

"I saw you dancing over there. I know you like it!"

"No, that wasn't dancing. Those were... head exercises." 

"Mm-hmm, sure." she grinned

She whipped out her phone and showed me a video from SnapPaw. Turns out, she caught me dancing and I had no idea how on Earth she did that without me looking. The video showed me shaking not only my head but also my fists and my hips. Okay... there's no way I just did that. From that angle, it was clearly an exaggeration.

"Delete that footage."

"Admit it, you were dancing!"

 "No, that's not--."

"Just admit it or I'll post it!"

I sighed.  "Fine, I danced... a little."

"Louder please. My ears were slightly folded." 

"Whatever, I danced.   Happy?"

"Yep! That's all I needed to hear." she smiled slyly while pulling out her carrot pen. I gave out an obvious facepalm because I knew what she did there. Such a sneaky little bunny, I must say.

"Here!" she insisted, placing the iPawd into my gauntlet hand. "I've got more songs. Check them out!" she pulled out her earbud and handed it to me as well.

"What about you?"

"I'll be back! Gotta use the restroom."

"Alright," I said, connecting the other earbud to my helmet.

"Try some of those other songs," as she stepped down the stairway. "You'll love them!"

I gave her a slight nod then she disappeared into the other train cart. For me, it was too bad that her iPawd was pink colored but at least it had a mini size so that it wouldn't stand out in public. She somehow trusted me with it until she got back so I had to be sure to not crush it, especially when pressing the home screen. It took a couple of gentle tries but I finally managed to pull up a bizarre list of songs/albums. Using my large index finger, I carefully scrolled through the list and saw some of the following:

* * * * * * * 

The Beagles 

Black Sable 

Destiny's Cub 

Ewe 2

Fleetwood Yak 

Fur Fighters 

Gazelle

The Time Traveler's Guide to ZootopiaOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara