Chapter Fifteen

"I'm gonna give you guys some time to think about it." Caleb finished before he stood up. "Oh and by the way, make sure you try the sliders. They're to die for."

"We can eat?" Reggie asked.

"Here you can." Caleb said before snapping his fingers and walking away, leaving trays of food to appear on the table.

"Oh yeah." Reggie smiled as Luke reached for a burger.

"Wait!" Alex said as he grabbed Luke's arm. "I want the one without cheese." He said as he picked it up and the boys began to eat.

"You guys can't seriously be thinking about his offer." I told them. "What about Julie?"

"Caleb is offering us everything we ever wanted." Luke told me. "And you. Don't you want to be able sing and play again? In front of an audience?"

"Well... I guess. But it's not right." I admitted.

"Oh, man. Pizza I have missed you." Luke said.

"Reggie, are you kissing that meatball sub?" Alex asked.

"It's what you do with the things you love." Reggie replied.

"I take it you're all enjoying the feast!" Caleb then announced to the room. "So many delicious sights, so many tantalising sounds. But, your eyes still hunger for more. Something sweet. Something... savoury. How many newcomers do we have in the club tonight?" Caleb asked. Luke, Reggie, Alex and I all raised our hands. "Ladies and gentlemen, let's show our guests how we do dessert."

The room was then filled with music and dancers once more. That's when I saw the clock in the far corner of the room. "Julie!" I exclaimed. I then immediately turned to find Alex, Luke and Reggie but I lost them. They were all dancing with some of the dancers around the room. "Luke!" I then shouted as I pulled the boy away from a girl.

"What is it?" Luke asked me.

"Julie." I said. "The school dance?"

"Oh, no." Luke said as he grabbed my hand and pulled me through the crowd. We then approached Reggie who was slow dancing with one of the dancer. "Dude!"

"Not now, man." Reggie told him.

"We lost track of time!" I shouted as I pulled Reggie away.

"Reggie, we were supposed to be at Julie's school at nine." Luke told him.

"Oh shoot. That's right. Maybe we can still make it." Reggie said. "Where's Alex? Alex we forgot-"

"Julie, I know." Alex said from a ring hanging off the ceiling. "Just give me one sec."

"Alex just poof down." I told him before realising that me and Luke were still holding hands. I then quickly let go and his hand dropped to his side as I used mine to push a piece of hair behind my ear.

Alex poofed down and we all grabbed our stuff before we headed for the exit only to be stopped by Caleb. "What's the rush?" He asked us. "The party's just getting started, and you have an eternity, after all."

"You know the girl who can see us? We sort of bailed on her." Reggie told him. "You see, there's this dance at her school, and she's got this friend Flynn who's a super cool DJ, like-"

"Okay, I don't think he has an eternity to hear the story." Alex told Reggie.

"Basically, we're late for a gig." Luke told Caleb.

"But what about my offer?"

"It's very cool of you Mr Covington, but, like I said, we already have a-"

"Band of your own. I understand." Caleb said.

"Okay." I smiled before we started to walk away.

"Oh, but if you ever wanna come back and fix that little problem with your friend, the Hollywood Ghost Club is always open." Caleb said, making us stop.

"Yeah, man, we'd love to come back." Luke admitted.

"Ah! Music to my ears."

Caleb then shook each of our hands, leaving a purple stamp on our wrists. "What's this?" I asked him.

"Oh, it's just a little club stamp." Caleb told us.

"Cool." Reggie smiled.

"Until next time." Caleb finished before we waved goodbye and left the hotel.

***

We got to Julie's school and immediately ran to the gym. "Julie, we are ready to rock this dance, which is clearly over." Reggie frowned.

"Guys." I frowned as I pointed over to my sister who was sitting by herself, popping balloons. She stood up when she saw the boys and we all approached her.

"Look, we are... so, so sorry that we bailed on you." Luke told her.

"Yeah, I mean, the night really got away from us." Alex said.

"And the twins." Reggie added.

"Just please tell me it had nothing to do with you getting back at Carrie's dad."

"Of course not." Luke laughed, nervously.

"No. We wouldn't do that." Reggie lied.

"Seriously?" Julie questioned. "You're lying to me?"

"Okay, look, it was something we needed to do." Alex told her.

"But we'll do whatever it takes. We'll okay the next school-" Luke began.

"What? Another dance where you can bail on me and make me look like a fool?" Julie asked them. "Save it. You know what really sucks? Our songs were good. And all three of you knew what I've been through, and how tough it's been for me to play, then you do this? Bands don't do that to each other. Friends don't do that to each other. This was a mistake."

"You mean the school dance, right?" Luke asked her.

"No. I mean joining a band with you guys." Julie frowned before she ran out of the room.

"Well, if Julie's not in the band, then..." Reggie whispered.

"Then there is no band." Luke finished before we all blasted with something that felt like an electric shock.

"Agh!" I winced.

"What was that?" Alex asked.

"It felt like we were dying all over again." Reggie said.

"How can we die if we're already dead?" Luke questioned.